Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Bloody rubbish. Experienced these at Hoffenheim Away earlier in the season. You'll never catch me in them or stood up in front of them. Just to prove that the desire for standing is NOT universal

Guessing you’re joking but if not, I’m sure they’ll be thousands and thousands more seats than there are rail seats for people to sit down on :)

A2085052-E201-43-A7-BCD6-FDC2-F6-FD5797.jpg

I think our main problem is the fact we dont have a song that can be continuously sang longer than a couple of minutes, we can go through the complete book in the first 10 mins.

We have plenty of songs that could be sung for a while. They are just never sung now.

When the blues go marching in being one of them

Really confused over what other supporters aspirations are over safe standing and what the options for an extended North Stand. The general consensus is to create a true home end where like minded fans can sing and create an atmosphere. So the general idea is for the South Stand level one and the Corner section of the East Stand to relocate en masse to the North Stand. As a consequence thousands of families would have to transfer to other areas of the ground in the vague hope they will be able to get seats together as a family. The outcome of all this would be to replicate what we have at the South end of the stadium, the singing section. Now i'm either missing something or this has been wild misinterpretated by some supporters due to an idea floated at a Fans Forum. Again happy to be corrected but aren't these forums facilitated by Consultants and not the Club. So in reality there has been nothing been said or agreed by the Club on this? Really can't see why the Club would agree to all this despite the best intentions of everyone concerned. I fear the Stadium areas are too well defined now and it will all become too difficult. Shame really because the ideas have merits.

City should tour all local Manchester and beyond offering free or £1 tickets to those ages 14 upwards who can legally go to the match on their own and sit together with their mates from school,give them freebies and nurture their interest in live football for teenagers,the club need to invest heavily in youth as they are potentially unlocking 50 plus years of support if the experience is good at that age.

I’d like them to make the director’s box and all the corporate areas have dark blue seats like the tunnel club does.

As these areas are only full for the big games it wouldn’t stand out as much when there is no one in the seats.

Really confused over what other supporters aspirations are over safe standing and what the options for an extended North Stand. The general consensus is to create a true home end where like minded fans can sing and create an atmosphere. So the general idea is for the South Stand level one and the Corner section of the East Stand to relocate en masse to the North Stand. As a consequence thousands of families would have to transfer to other areas of the ground in the vague hope they will be able to get seats together as a family. The outcome of all this would be to replicate what we have at the South end of the stadium, the singing section. Now i'm either missing something or this has been wild misinterpretated by some supporters due to an idea floated at a Fans Forum. Again happy to be corrected but aren't these forums facilitated by Consultants and not the Club. So in reality there has been nothing been said or agreed by the Club on this? Really can't see why the Club would agree to all this despite the best intentions of everyone concerned. I fear the Stadium areas are too well defined now and it will all become too difficult. Shame really because the ideas have merits.

Mark.

ISG wouldn’t do this on their own. The club have instructed them to canvas opinion. The club have taken it further by sending out those emails. Whether you like the idea or not, this is a serious process ‘that the club have started’. I think the club have been looking at this NS expansion and rail seating for a long time. Perhaps the now finally feel it’s time to move on the NS expansion and rail seating once and for all, as the Government and PL seem to be changing their stance on safe standing. The PL clubs have already voted in favour of safe standing.

You may have missed my earlier post. United are creating a 1200 capacity singing section in the Stratford End. It will include the current family stand. Those currently in the family stand have been given the options of either staying put or relocating to another part of the stadium. Even United are now planning for a safe standing section on the Stratford End, through the back door of an official singing section on the Stratford End.

I also think City want to increase the capacity of the Etihad to 62,000-63,000. It’s another statement of intent by our owners, and it would make the Etihad the second largest capacity stadium in the PL. If the NS expansion does happen, and all the signs are pointing to it happening, then that’s another long-term plan completed by our owners. Buying the club, sorting the club out off the pitch, investing in and creating a team capable of winning trophies, the CFA, and a fully redeveloped Etihad. That would then leave the Collar site and the Etihad Campus around the stadium to do. Once both of them are completed, job done by our owners, but still on-going.

Last edited:
Family stand at present is a misnomer. Often depleted in numbers. As part of a logistics development it needs to be moved and downsized. It needs to become an adult with children section. A youth section could also be introduced, I used to go on my own from 12 yr old.
The North Stand must be the Kippax.

Its only an opinion this so don't jump on it, but......

Everybody seems to link 'safe standing' with cheaper tickets, but the club want to grow revenue, expanding the North Stand does that, but safe standing does not mean more people, and as many assume cheaper tickets (even if the government allow it - which they didn't with West Brom's application).

We might get rail seating, but its one person per seat, and each one takes up the same space as any other seat.

The only extra "cheap seats" will be at the back of any extension as happened in the SS3, where I doubt there will be rail seating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.