Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

As bad as the atmosphere was today I could still hear 115/116 etc singing. Less audible was the corners. Have we really got the numbers of fans who are willing to transfer to a new home end in the North Stand. My educated guess is the high minority would prefer to be situated next to the away fans where they currently are. Thus rendering any potential mass exodus to the North Stand completely irrelevant. My intention is to write to the Club as it appears that supporters with the best intentions are sounding out the Club with their ideas that are totally out of context with what the vast majority of other supporters wishes are. Where is the representation of people who currently sit in the North Stand on these Fans Forums, if that's what the Club calls meaningful consultation then its not on. I can tell you that everyone I spoke to today about this was absolutely furious and I've promised them an update as to what the Clubs response is to me. Once we have the response if it isn't the one we want you can expect a coordinated action from many in the North Stand.

As bad as the atmosphere was today I could still hear 115/116 etc singing. Less audible was the corners. Have we really got the numbers of fans who are willing to transfer to a new home end in the North Stand. My educated guess is the high minority would prefer to be situated next to the away fans where they currently are. Thus rendering any potential mass exodus to the North Stand completely irrelevant. My intention is to write to the Club as it appears that supporters with the best intentions are sounding out the Club with their ideas that are totally out of context with what the vast majority of other supporters wishes are. Where is the representation of people who currently sit in the North Stand on these Fans Forums, if that's what the Club calls meaningful consultation then its not on. I can tell you that everyone I spoke to today about this was absolutely furious and I've promised them an update as to what the Clubs response is to me. Once we have the response if it isn't the one we want you can expect a coordinated action from many in the North Stand.
Not sure what you're saying.. My guess is you're in the N Stand at present and you object to the proposed developments? If you are and you do, then how do you envisage a 63k stadium happening?

Second half was ok!
I agree. Didn’t think there was much wrong with atmosphere tbf.

We sit in 101 and you can clearly hear the singing albeit it’s usually in response to songs started in the south stand. The thing is, everyone enjoys the game differently. We sit next to two elderly ladies that have been coming to games for decades. They don’t sing, but you should see them hug each other when we score. The two old boys in front of us you never hear a word out of them but by god they love City. I think in general there is a far greater buzz around the place than in the Pellegrini years. We will never get a cauldron of emotion for a game like today but then no other team gets it either.

I don’t want to jump up and down, kangarooing like the 20 year old PSG fans. Our atmosphere is genuine and I like it that way.

Hahahahahahahahah

Everything wrong with the club and modern day football.

Our atmosphere is shit and we’re stuck with a ginormous family stand behind the goal where absolutely loads of the people in it don’t even turn up for half the games.

It was a poorly thought out idea in the first place and it’s now time to correct it. I say all this as someone who was in the family Stand from age 7-16 myself.

People can’t stand in the way of progress and development all because ‘they like their seat’. Now is the time to move forward and create a layout that will benefit the atmosphere, stadium and club in the wrong run. If that means pissing off a few precious soft arses and their first world problems then so be it.

Are you sulking in case you have to move?!!

Mark.

Is this a one Man campaign? Why are you so hell bent on trying to stop a NS expansion, and a genuine home end for City fans? Is it because you curremtly sit in the family stand and don't want to be moved, if that happens?

You have come up with the same question's and arguments on the SSC Collar and Etihad Campus thread, but under the username of *Moston Mark*. Coincidence?https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=436685&page=167

I tried to explain and to answer your concerns and question's on there.

Good luck with your letter.

All the people turfed out of the North Stand in the first place to create the ridiculous Family Stand that’s been full three times in how ever many years it’s been going (each time we’ve lifted the Prem trophy, never been full on one other occasion at all) were also furious.

So were all the fans booted out of seats to create corporate areas.

It happens. It’s called “progress” apparently.

But what 90% of blues want is a proper vocal stand (not a block or two as an afterthought). Not once have I ever looked at SSL1 and wished I was in it, not once have I ever considered relocating my seasoncard to SSL1, not even for one game where you can do it in the Champions League. It’s a joke. It’s one block. It’s not worth being in or bothering with.

But I’ll be moving, as will all my mates who are all dotted about all over the stadium, to a proper vocal end of we get one in the expanded North Stand. I know lads who’ve stopped going to City who’d come back to stand in a proper vocal stand.

Second half was ok!
It really wasn't, it was better than the first half mortuary atmosphere, but it was only really at library level.

The problem today was we were brilliant for 5 minutes and didn't score, then we were ordinary (for us) for 15 minutes, so people settled into watch and enjoy mode, then we turned into Pellegrini's team (or worse), and 10 minutes before half time most f**ked off for a pint and a pie.

Once we retook the lead it improved a bit, but it was never very much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.