Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Multi-Storey Car Parks - Sustainable parking with plants

Living wall multi story car park, could be a huge money earner in that area.
Just down the road from the Etihad.

The Ancoats Mobility Hub is an innovative project that will support the future development of the Poland Street area. The Hub will provide spaces for resident and visitor parking, taking vehicles off local roads, as well as proving sustainable transport options in a community setting alongside the fully refurbished Ancoats Green.

With future development in Ancoats set to create a new neighbourhood of 1,500 new homes, the Hub will be an integral part of prioritising people over vehicles, something local people have told us is important to them.

F2-B5-F3-E9-BC92-4948-8-C70-83-A31-B5-C8039.jpg

The Hub will include:

• 150 secure bike parking spaces and changing facilities
  • 102 Electronic vehicle charging points, with potential for more
  • Up to 30 spaces for car club/car share schemes
  • 406 car parking spaces for residents and visitors
  • Parcel delivery hub
  • 400 rooftop solar panels
  • Space for a new café
  • A new commercial unit
  • Over 400sqm of green wall
  • Over 1300sqm of new public realm, connected to Ancoats Green

Update construction pictures via SSC-MCR.

don't know why it has to be taken down , apparently its contaminated land anyway so don't see any benefit from it
I’m sure there is a number of years where they leave it fallow then becomes useable since the land is up for sale that time may well have passed

I’m sure there is a number of years where they leave it fallow then becomes useable since the land is up for sale that time may well have passed
In any event land can be decontaminated using a variety of approaches. The training centre was built on the site of a highly contaminated former chemical works.

You can either seal the contamination in, or remove it and replace with fresh soil or use 'clean cover' to dilute the contamination down to acceptable levels.

don't know why it has to be taken down , apparently its contaminated land anyway so don't see any benefit from it

The gas holder isn’t in great condition. I doubt a property developer could have done much with it, along with the land inside.

If any of it is still up I’ll try and get some close up pictures of it later this week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.