Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The best Tram and Bus systems used are simply Tap on and Tap off for every journey, they have doors at the front middle and back of Trams and Buses and are fitted with multiple Tap on and off points on board, the driver just drives the Tram or Bus.
You would think that people not paying would be an issue and it is until they get caught, my Son got caught a few weeks back in Belgium and was fined 120 euros if he jibs again and gets caught the fine is doubled and after that they will prosecute.

The Coop Live Arena probably will be one of the best indoor arena’s in the world given a bit more time to iron out the remaining slight issues with it.

Who is throwing pints around at a tenner a pop ffs?

Just outside the Etihad Campus, opposite Mary D’s, on the site of what used to be the Manchester Pub and surrounding land.

Great Places Housing Group has launched a public consultation for plans to build an apartment block on the corner of Grey Mare Lane and Ashton New Road. View the plans, the first new-build scheme proposed as part of the area’s regeneration.

Our proposals:

• A single block of circa 69 apartments comprising a mix of one and two-bed homes.
  • All apartments will be available as social rented, affordable housing.
  • Private garden spaces to ground floor apartments, recessed balconies for apartments above ground floor level and a communal garden which will be landscaped.
  • New pedestrian links to improve the connectivity to Grey Mare Lane and Ashton New Road from Newcombe Close.
  • Parking provision in line with Manchester City Council’s prospective masterplan for the Grey Mare Lane area as well as planning requirements.

61-CBF8-F6-98-D7-462-D-A1-F6-E112-A094-B56-B.webp

Went on the Co-op site this morning to try to buy some Paul McCartney tickets…it was going well. Then I found out it was £552 for the cheapest tickets, best stall price is £1230 and dearest Circle is £11804!! Good job I wasn’t further up the queue!!IMG_2980.png

Went on the Co-op site this morning to try to buy some Paul McCartney tickets…it was going well. Then I found out it was £552 for the cheapest tickets, best stall price is £1230 and dearest Circle is £11804!! Good job I wasn’t further up the queue!!View attachment 122881
£552 for the cheapest ticket!

Either McCartney is taking the piss or the Coop Live Arena are?The prices for concerts are getting ridiculous and out of control.

Went on the Co-op site this morning to try to buy some Paul McCartney tickets…it was going well. Then I found out it was £552 for the cheapest tickets, best stall price is £1230 and dearest Circle is £11804!! Good job I wasn’t further up the queue!!View attachment 122881
Surely that was for resale tickets. I joined the queue at a similar number to yours, but left and joined the Sunday queue with approx 8K in the queue. Anyhow, decent seats for Sunday were £150. Still a lot but not too silly..

Last edited:
£552 for the cheapest ticket!

Either McCartney is taking the piss or the Coop Live Arena are?The prices for concerts are getting ridiculous and out of control.

it is the business model

used to be tours were priced cheaply to promote/encourage record sales, where most money was made.

now downloads make fuck all money, so ticket prices are high as that's where most money is made.

don't you just love the digital age

it is the business model

used to be tours were priced cheaply to promote/encourage record sales, where most money was made.

now downloads make fuck all money, so ticket prices are high as that's where most money is made.

don't you just love the digital age

Not disputing what you are saying, but I think artists, their managers/promoters, and the owners of the arenas are constantly pushing ticket prices up because of the demand for tickets. It’s like estate agents with house prices. They keep on increasing house prices because of the demand for houses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.