Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Just that reported on BBC North West News.

Waiting for Burnham to make the details public.

If the underground is true, I'd guess it could be in the city centre connecting Victoria train station to Piccadilly Train station. Or it could be the new underground train station which is still proposed at Piccadilly Train Station.

As for the brand new train station, that's anyone's guess.It could be at the Etihad on the existing and under used line, or at United, as part of the Old Trafford redevelopment.

Just checked Burnham's X/Twitter page. No updates yet.
I remember reading a story about Manchester started building an underground system from Victoria to Piccadilly I think in the 60s, I wonder if that still exists might be what they build on.

I remember reading a story about Manchester started building an underground system from Victoria to Piccadilly I think in the 60s, I wonder if that still exists might be what they build on.
It was about linking trains between Victoria and Piccadilly stations through an underground line. I don't think it went beyond being a proposal with plans and never started.

Reactions: BMR
It was about linking trains between Victoria and Piccadilly stations through an underground line. I don't think it went beyond being a proposal with plans and never started.
It was started and the MEN rehash the pictures and sketches every now and again

Never see any reference to an option to buy
A considerable amount of the fee would go to Sport England and I’ve hear said that the club are happy with the current arrangement since the lease fee goes to CoM Council and is ring fenced for sport and leisure Not sure if that is true
There was FoI asking for details of the lease this is following the renegotiation when the names rights were fixed and the percentage of gate over the Maine Road calculation removed

This Richard Hunts sounds a right busy fucker

Don't City have an option to purchase the stadium outright? It's not been optioned because everyone is happy with the current arrangement but I think the key point of @Asa's left peg is answered by the fact the club could own the stadium if it ever needed to.
I'm not aware there is an option (but that doesn't mean there isn't one). However I recall that soon after the takeover, they looked at buying it as part of building an entirely new stadium, either on what's now the North car park, or the CFA. My understanding is that it didn't come to fruition because of legal issues around the Etihad covenants.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.