Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Does anyone know how old that sketch is? Also, what's the deal with the buildings to the West of the Co-op Live over Joe Mercer Way? That's where the 5 a side and indoor/outdoor tennis courts are right now?

It's on the North Stand Planning Statement, maybe something to do with other leases on the building

Check these images that tie in with the other image

@jrb @Centurions
1721071704450.png

1721071764486.png

If you look at Number 2 its looks like its going to be a car park, here is your evidence here

1721071971599.png

If you also look at the offical city photos of the new North Stand they have tried to black out the buildings in photo 1 (above)

Number 3 & 4 are anyone guesses ?

1721072438206.png

It's on the North Stand Planning Statement, maybe something to do with other leases on the building

Check these images that tie in with the other image

@jrb @Centurions
View attachment 125462

View attachment 125463

If you look at Number 2 its looks like its going to be a car park, here is your evidence here

View attachment 125464

If you also look at the offical city photos of the new North Stand they have tried to black out the buildings in photo 1 (above)

Number 3 & 4 are anyone guesses ?

View attachment 125467

We tried guessing before when the picture was first posted.

I think number 2 is the rumoured second hotel on the (edge of the) Collar Site.

As for the other buildings, it’s anyones guess.

Number 3 looks like another indoor arena or indoor venue of some sorts. But I can’t see that happening. I can’t think of any indoor sports or events that would make another indoor arena or indoor venue on the Collar Site and Etihad campus viable.

As for 4, that could be anyting.

Last edited:
We tried guessing before when the picture was first posted.

I think number 2 is the rumoured second hotel on the (edge of the) Collar Site.

As for the other buildings, it’s anyones guess.

Number 3 looks like another indoor arena or indoor venue of some sorts. But I can’t see that happening. I can’t think of any indoor sports or events that would make another indoor arena or indoor venue on the Collar Site and Etihad campus viable.

As for 4, that could be anyting.
Number 2 has an access gate and card reader so could be parking for the hotel now going up? If not, where is parking for the hotel, it's got to be separate from the ground & Live parking surely?

Number 2 has an access gate and card reader so could be parking for the hotel now going up? If not, where is parking for the hotel, it's got to be separate from the ground & Live parking surely?

Parking for the Exec suites in the hotel?

I've enlarged the cgi as much as possible on my pc and taken a full screen grab of it. Obviously the picture quality has suffered. TBH you can't really make anything specific out. The buildings and massing blocks aren't in the right areas comparable to the hotel dog leg. And they don't match the Collar site plan with the numbers. The background behind the hotel which happens to be the Collar site has just been filled with buildings and massing blocks. I think somebody has been having a bit of fun and that's it.

Sorry about the quality.

collar.jpg

@jrb The number do kind of match up its just how they are presented in this photo

1721195453211.png
1721195469349.png
If you look at 2, by documents found in planning it's going to be a car park similar to the one in Poland Street , its makes sence to have a multi storey car park there right next to the hotel , two minute walk

1721195651956.png

1721195975709.png

Reactions: jrb
I've enlarged the cgi as much as possible on my pc and taken a full screen grab of it. Obviously the picture quality has suffered. TBH you can't really make anything specific out. The buildings and massing blocks aren't in the right areas comparable to the hotel dog leg. And they don't match the Collar site plan with the numbers. The background behind the hotel which happens to be the Collar site has just been filled with buildings and massing blocks. I think somebody has been having a bit of fun and that's it.

Sorry about the quality.

View attachment 125566
It disguises where the beach and lagoon will be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.