Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Some interesting details regarding Holt Town in this document (not sure if already posted) ...

Looks like the gas tower land on the other side of the railway line is designated mainly for housing, including high rise buildings. No sign of any of those tunnels being brought into use though.

Thanks.

Oh! An opportunity for a landmark building in the centre of the park. *

Towers up to 35 storeys.

Multi-use mobility hub like the one currently under construction in Ancoats.

IMG_1881.png

IMG_1882.png

@jrb The number do kind of match up its just how they are presented in this photo

View attachment 125591
View attachment 125592
If you look at 2, by documents found in planning it's going to be a car park similar to the one in Poland Street , its makes sence to have a multi storey car park there right next to the hotel , two minute walk

View attachment 125593

View attachment 125594

Sort of, bar being far too close together.

Yes, 2 definitely looks like a car park, as you say, which would cater for the stadium, the hotel, and the buildings behind the car park,whatever their uses are going to be?

Thanks.

Oh! An opportunity for a landmark building in the centre of the park. *

Towers up to 35 storeys.

Multi-use mobility hub like the one currently under construction in Ancoats.

View attachment 125635

View attachment 125636
I know these are only illustrative, but I never thought I'd see the day where there were multiple 15+ storey developments along Bradford Rd.
I still can't get my head around Ancoats Basin and Platting Village. These areas have come a long way since the 70s & 80s.

I know these are only illustrative, but I never thought I'd see the day where there were multiple 15+ storey developments along Bradford Rd.
I still can't get my head around Ancoats Basin and Platting Village. These areas have come a long way since the 70s & 80s.

I can see ADUG bring involved in Holt Town in some capacity.

Place North West.

Manchester City Council is developing a 10-year plan for the regeneration of, and investment in, 74 acres of post-industrial wasteland.

This covers the potential for 4,500 homes including significant levels of affordable housing, commercial space which could attract 1,500 jobs, and the creation of 91 acres of public realm and green space

Should councillors approve going out to consultation with the framework at the executive committee meeting next Wednesday, 24 July, it would likely start later this summer for six weeks.

1000008066.jpg

Manchester City Council is developing a 10-year plan for the regeneration of, and investment in, 74 acres of post-industrial wasteland.

This covers the potential for 4,500 homes including significant levels of affordable housing, commercial space which could attract 1,500 jobs, and the creation of 91 acres of public realm and green space

Should councillors approve going out to consultation with the framework at the executive committee meeting next Wednesday, 24 July, it would likely start later this summer for six weeks.

Place North West.

1000008066.jpg

Place North West.

View attachment 125665

I thought Sheikh Mansour was already heavily involved in this via his Manchester Life Partnership.

Interesting flight shows how Manchester has grown

Thanks for that. It's amaing to see to see how much the city has changed from the 70s and 80s. Most of the development has been postive. Manchester is a model for urban regeneration. The only real blot on the landscape is Pic Gardens and that could be sorted with a few water cannons!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.