Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Ahh... Belle Vue.. that would get my vote... especially if they call the new concert venue Kings Hall - great music venue. Is the 53 still running?

A few years after it closing I went to see a guy at Denton to sell him some insurance and I sat down in his lounge to find loads of snakes slithering around - he was the ex reptile house keeper! He was as cool as Ederson.

Ahh... Belle Vue.. that would get my vote... especially if they call the new concert venue Kings Hall - great music venue. Is the 53 still running?

A few years after it closing I went to see a guy at Denton to sell him some insurance and I sat down in his lounge to find loads of snakes slithering around - he was the ex reptile house keeper! He was as cool as Ederson.
53 bus , yes still running .

New city centre Hotels are pushing further East to towards East Manchester and the Etihad.

Meininger advances plans for debut Manchester hotel
12 Aug 2019, 10:51

The hotelier has put forward a planning application for its first hotel in the North of England in Manchester with proposals to build a 12-storey scheme on Great Ancoats Street.

Working with developer S Harrison, Meininger has put forward its application for the 212-room hybrid hotel, designed by architect 3DReid.

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/meininger-advances-plans-for-debut-manchester-hotel/

New city centre Hotels are pushing further East to towards East Manchester and the Etihad.

Meininger advances plans for debut Manchester hotel
12 Aug 2019, 10:51

The hotelier has put forward a planning application for its first hotel in the North of England in Manchester with proposals to build a 12-storey scheme on Great Ancoats Street.

Working with developer S Harrison, Meininger has put forward its application for the 212-room hybrid hotel, designed by architect 3DReid.

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/meininger-advances-plans-for-debut-manchester-hotel/
I had to read that just to find out what a 'hybrid hotel' was.

This includes a mix of rooms including private rooms and dormitories and will provide 785 beds in total...

Along with a mix of rooms there will also be a reception, lobby, lounge, breakfast room, and bar, as well as guest kitchens and a games room. Subject to planning, the hotel is expected to open in January 2022.

So it's a cross between a hotel and a back packers hostel? I can't see the point of it in the middle of Manchester or am I missing the point?

I had to read that just to find out what a 'hybrid hotel' was.

So it's a cross between a hotel and a back packers hostel? I can't see the point of it in the middle of Manchester or am I missing the point?

Hotels in Manchester are comparatively very expensive, so targeting the lower end of the market is probably the point.

I've stayed in a normal (double) room with this chain in Munich and it was equivalent quality to a travelodge, so a lot better than what English people generally associate with the word hostels.

Right next to an existing hotel.

It's probably not viable to have a hotel on the Manchester City site because it would require an all year attraction for people to locate themselves just outside the City. It would be immensely popular around matches but we have about 25 games a season out of 365 days.

But add an arena and it becomes a possibility.

This may have already been posted?

It’s from June.

Some of the ideas put forward maybe implemented this season?

Click on the link for the rest of the article.

————-

CFG TO HOLD WORKSHOP TO TACKLE STADIUM CHALLENGES

Start-ups will next week be given the chance to showcase ideas for solving five big stadium challenges as part of a workshop organised by City Football Group (CFG).

The five-day workshop will be hosted at the Etihad Campus by CFG, which owns Manchester City and a number of other clubs around the world.

The purpose of the workshop will be to address challenges identified by CFG, with the best ideas to be given an opportunity for a short-term pilot. Start-ups’ ideas will be judged by an expert panel during the event.

More than 200 applications spanning 37 countries have been submitted for the project. Eleven finalists have been selected for the workshop, which will focus on five key pillars:

• Sustainable Stadium – How to reduce waste, improve energy efficiencies and reduce carbon footprint
  • Easy Stadium – How to make match days quicker and easier by removing queues and improving access to services
  • Vibrant Stadium – How to leverage home advantage and engage the crowd even more in the action
  • My Stadium – How to provide each fan with a personalised experience
  • Global Stadium – Ensuring all supporters feel part of a family that isn’t constrained by physical location or time
https://www.thestadiumbusiness.com/2019/06/20/cfg-hold-workshop-tackle-stadium-challenges/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.