Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Danamy, 12 Jun 2017.

1. Psychedelic Casual

Psychedelic Casual

A caravan?

asahartford1 likes this.
  2. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

Yes we can. Although I'd expect that to change once we do start counting it!

We can add revenue from anything we own in the immediate area of the stadium. But we'd have to own it.

3. jrb

jrb

According OVG they are funding the arena, not City.

So any income for City will probably be limited to land rent and maybe a small % of the arena revenue, which I doubt very much.

I can’t see City making that much out of the proposed arena.

Marvin likes this.
  4. jrb

jrb

And you wonder why it's nicknamed the Daily Fail.

Stadium?

They can"t even get that right. Journalist?

Manchester City 'start planning for new £300m, 21,000-capacity stadium to be built next to the Etihad which will hold concerts, NBA games and UFC events'

5. blueyorkie

blueyorkie

The transport strategy seems to be to walk, back to Victorian times!

6. Marvin

Marvin

That is correct. Whether you regard that as progress I don't know.

Here is some interesting analysis which confirms your point of view. It's not entirely up to date. My impression is that the number of cars in the City centre has fallen significantly in the last 18 months as the Oxford Rd corridor opened.

[​IMG]

Here is a graphic which details projected population growth. See panel on the left regarding the City Centre population.

That is the context for public transport in Manchester and why there is a shift from car to walking and cycling. The crane count tells its own tale. There is a surge in people living, working and studying in the City Centre. Students are moving from Fallowfield into the City centre. That means that the City centre transport in focused less on the car.

This has a knock on effect for CIty fans as we of course use Manchester's transport infrastructure. Basically if you a car driver, then the City council does not really want you (my interpretation not theirs, they want you out of the car, and onto your bike, feet, or the bus).

[​IMG]

Potential solution if there is a North Stand Expansion, and transport is an issue in 2-3 years time:

Give Seasoncard holders an option to buy discounted travel on the buses, and make more buses available. Get Stagecoach staff to load more than 1-2 buses at a time.

I am not convinced that there actually is a problem beyond car drivers, and tram users, but if there is, this is what I would do

Last edited: 24 Oct 2019
  7. mcfcphil

mcfcphil

Sorry if I’m being a bit daft here, but if City aren’t going to make much money out of it why are they allowing it to be built?

8. Centurions

Centurions

Footfall through the area when the rest of it gets built, don't forget there is a hotel at least coming.

mcfcphil likes this.
  9. blueparrot

blueparrot

I don't know what deals we have with them, but we must get at least half the ground rent, no idea what that is but won’t be peanuts.

mcfcphil likes this.
  10. nmc

nmc

It’ll make a whole range of facilities on the site sustainable- such as restaurants, coffee shops etc.... with events 3 or 4 times each week.

mcfcphil likes this.