Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Got this e-mail and aerial pic through today from Co-op Live:

co op live.jpg

We hope you have been keeping safe and well during the challenging start to 2021. We are over the moon that the UK is preparing for live music events and festivals, and we can’t wait to sing and dance again, which is why we wanted to celebrate our progress on Co-op Live with you as this new, world-class live entertainment venue begins to rise out of the ground in Manchester.

At Co-op Live, our construction contractors have been working hard for the last two months to prepare the ground at the site on the Etihad Campus for the first phase of the construction process.

Can you Dig it?

In recent weeks, the construction team have been preparing the site by doing some initial excavations, filling in old coal workings with groat as the site used to be an old colliery before it closed in 1968. We have relocated some utilities and have been installing some preliminary pile foundations for testing to verify the piles that will be necessary for the foundations of the new building.

Good Vibrations.

What’s next? The construction team are making some highway amendments along Sport City Way and Alan Turing Way to suit both site operations and the Covid test and vaccination centre access. We will then install a solid hoarding to secure the site and wrap it with some lovely images of what the best live music experience in the UK will look like.

Finally, bulk excavations will begin so we can dig down to the levels required for the underpinning piling foundation work.

Throughout the entire construction process, we are committed to keeping disruption and noise to a minimum, and so the works are taking place during the working day from 7:30am until no later than 6pm, Monday to Friday.

We expect contractors to be ramping up on the site in the spring and hope to be able to let you know further details about what’s happening next in the coming weeks. When the worst of the current crisis is behind us, we want to play a big part in helping Manchester build back strongly, creating hundreds of jobs in the city.

All together now.

Working with entertainment consultancy, Elevate Sports Ventures, we are currently recruiting our Sales Team who will be in our HQ in Manchester’s Northern Quarter which is set to open in May. Our construction partner will also have jobs and apprenticeship opportunities for local people, cementing our commitment to recruiting and procuring locally.

We hope you are looking forward too, planning your summer of music and live events and we will keep you updated on our progress as we build the best live music experience in the UK.

Co-op Live team

View attachment 11326

We hope you have been keeping safe and well during the challenging start to 2021. We are over the moon that the UK is preparing for live music events and festivals, and we can’t wait to sing and dance again, which is why we wanted to celebrate our progress on Co-op Live with you as this new, world-class live entertainment venue begins to rise out of the ground in Manchester.

At Co-op Live, our construction contractors have been working hard for the last two months to prepare the ground at the site on the Etihad Campus for the first phase of the construction process.

Can you Dig it?

In recent weeks, the construction team have been preparing the site by doing some initial excavations, filling in old coal workings with groat as the site used to be an old colliery before it closed in 1968. We have relocated some utilities and have been installing some preliminary pile foundations for testing to verify the piles that will be necessary for the foundations of the new building.

Good Vibrations.

What’s next? The construction team are making some highway amendments along Sport City Way and Alan Turing Way to suit both site operations and the Covid test and vaccination centre access. We will then install a solid hoarding to secure the site and wrap it with some lovely images of what the best live music experience in the UK will look like.

Finally, bulk excavations will begin so we can dig down to the levels required for the underpinning piling foundation work.

Throughout the entire construction process, we are committed to keeping disruption and noise to a minimum, and so the works are taking place during the working day from 7:30am until no later than 6pm, Monday to Friday.

We expect contractors to be ramping up on the site in the spring and hope to be able to let you know further details about what’s happening next in the coming weeks. When the worst of the current crisis is behind us, we want to play a big part in helping Manchester build back strongly, creating hundreds of jobs in the city.

All together now.

Working with entertainment consultancy, Elevate Sports Ventures, we are currently recruiting our Sales Team who will be in our HQ in Manchester’s Northern Quarter which is set to open in May. Our construction partner will also have jobs and apprenticeship opportunities for local people, cementing our commitment to recruiting and procuring locally.

We hope you are looking forward too, planning your summer of music and live events and we will keep you updated on our progress as we build the best live music experience in the UK.

Co-op Live team
Are they the first 3 bands on The Mock turtles,Beachboys and The farm.

View attachment 11326

Can you Dig it?

Good Vibrations.

All together now.

Co-op Live team
Thanks for this. It's brilliant to see such a vote of confidence in our wonderful city. The Co-op is a Manchester institution and it's great they have become the lead on this development. This is one of the many positive stories which the London media will mostly ignore. Manchester has always been a place that overcomes adversity and it will take more than a pandemic to stop our progress.

Your Gary James theory appears to be right.

i'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on!

Very proud to be in that book. Another one of mine in there is the view of one of the big tunnels going into the Kippax. Was so sad on the Kippax "last stand"... if you'd told me then in 94 that in 9 years we'd have to say goodbye to the whole place i think i'dve had a breakdown!

where did you find this online???

I TOOK THAT PHOTO!!!!

trying to work out how it ended up online :( Always used to keep my pics close to my chest (used to plan to do a city book one day!)

Or is it one i let Gary James use in his Farewell to Maine Road book... i guess it could be, he used 3 or 4 of mine. My memory is crap nowadays ;)

Anyway, i just wanted to say i took that photo, April 1994 it was, the penulimate match on the kippax iirc. Me and my mum...

btw if JRB is reading, i was the you of my day, only in reverse (!) - i took a billion photos of Maine Road demolition, going 2 to 3 times a week for well over 6 months. I did do a book of that, but only 5 copies for family so it doesn't count ;)

If Britain and Ireland ended up with the 2030 World Cup after the 2024 vote, am I right in thinking that we could apply for funding to develop the stadium if it was chosen as one of the host venues?

Can’t see many clubs turning their noses up at that if they had the choice to develop now or wait 3-4 more years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.