Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

WTF is all this rubbish about the shit hole that Maine Road became, myself I stood on the popular side (that's how it was known) in the rain before it had a roof, so lets forget the place Like I have.
Would like this thread to address a tidy up for the Etihad before fans return I am more than satisfied with my seat in 204 but think the outside could TLC, short out the surface too much water lying about after rain and plant some trees are a couple of things could be done ASP.

It always cost more per seat to do corners. Cheap grounds are always 4 stands with straight lines everywhere.

The new kippax was big but it was a classic cheap box of a stand. Platt lane was cheap, smaller and had one of the corners done. I guess you take your pick for the look of a stand that wraps round the corner or just go bigger and forget the corners.

The corner that was done on the Platt Lane Stand - largely consisted of a bit of curved corrugated iron - hardly world leading design or construction.

I know it's just the northern quarter but I hope it's not a sign of things to come. Maybe if the public transport wasn't shite in the evenings it wouldn't be as much of an issue. They should sort that out before closing things off.

WTF is all this rubbish about the shit hole that Maine Road became, myself I stood on the popular side (that's how it was known) in the rain before it had a roof, so lets forget the place Like I have.
Would like this thread to address a tidy up for the Etihad before fans return I am more than satisfied with my seat in 204 but think the outside could TLC, short out the surface too much water lying about after rain and plant some trees are a couple of things could be done ASP.
FOC alert, FOC alert, please clear the area

where did you find this online???

I TOOK THAT PHOTO!!!!

trying to work out how it ended up online :( Always used to keep my pics close to my chest (used to plan to do a city book one day!)

Or is it one i let Gary James use in his Farewell to Maine Road book... i guess it could be, he used 3 or 4 of mine. My memory is crap nowadays ;)

Anyway, i just wanted to say i took that photo, April 1994 it was, the penulimate match on the kippax iirc. Me and my mum...

btw if JRB is reading, i was the you of my day, only in reverse (!) - i took a billion photos of Maine Road demolition, going 2 to 3 times a week for well over 6 months. I did do a book of that, but only 5 copies for family so it doesn't count ;)

Last edited:
where did you find this online???

I TOOK THAT PHOTO!!!!

trying to work out how it ended up online :( Always used to keep my pics close to my chest (used to plan to do a city book one day!)

Or is it one i let Gary James use in his Farewell to Maine Road book... i guess it could be, he used 3 or 4 of mine. My memory is crap nowadays ;)

Anyway, i just wanted to say i took that photo, April 1994 it was, the penulimate match on the kippax iirc. Me and my mum...

btw if JRB is reading, i was the you of my day, only in reverse (!) - i took a billion photos of Maine Road demolition, going 2 to 3 times a week for well over 6 months. I did do a book of that, but only 5 copies for family so it doesn't count ;)

Your Gary James theory appears to be right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.