Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

when they built the Hydro arena in Glasgow it didn't take long before there were five or six hotels within a few minutes walk, all with bars. It will be brilliant when the Etihad is as well served.

I expect something similar to happen. The arena is going to take up to 3 years to build, so building new Hotels during that 3 year period won't be an issue.

Any possibility of a boxpark type place like at Wembley being built? That one is 2000
capacity.

Place would be rammed before every home game and every new arena event?

Any possibility of a boxpark type place like at Wembley being built? That one is 2000
capacity.

And when there was no home game, close season, and nothing on at the arena the place would be deserted.

capacity.

I suspect the new arena will have that sort of facility. It would be crazy not to do so. I went in the Wembley Boxpark last season for the Comms Shield and thought it was great. You can't go wrong with street food, beer, and big screens. It wasn't that expensive for London either. Let's face it we may be a Superclub on the field but the catering at the Etihad for most of our fans is non-league standard.

capacity.

There was one planned for Manchester pre pandemic.

And when there was no home game, close season, and nothing on at the arena the place would be deserted.
How often does an arena like this have gigs and things on? I'd be suporised if you said once / twice a week and id of thought more like 4/5 times a week. If you combine that with City games and any future attractions then it makes great sense to have something like that.

How often does an arena like this have gigs and things on? I'd be suporised if you said once / twice a week and id of thought more like 4/5 times a week. If you combine that with City games and any future attractions then it makes great sense to have something like that.
Plus broader events and small conferences to pick up any slack

Athletics, football, cycling, concerts and events/conferences, there will be lots of demand for hotels all year round.

It won’t only be concerts. They will be numerous other events throughout the year. The CL is also being expanded(to help the cartel clubs). More CL matches, more visiting fans.

Hotel operators wouldn’t be looking at East Manchester and close to the Etihad if they didn’t think they couldn’t fill hotel rooms.

The Lenonardo Hotel is currently under construction on GAS, opposite the now demolished GAS retail park. There have been a few new Hotel openings at this end of GAS in the last year or two.

1615393733620.jpeg

1615393808888.jpeg

It won’t only be concerts. They will be numerous other events throughout the year. The CL is also being expanded(to help the cartel clubs). More CL matches, more visiting fans.

Hotel operators wouldn’t be looking at East Manchester and close to the Etihad if they didn’t think they couldn’t fill hotel rooms.

The Lenonardo Hotel is currently under construction on GAS, opposite the now demolished GAS retail park. There have been a few new Hotel openings at this end of GAS in the last year or two.

View attachment 12189

View attachment 12190
Looks like someone on Minecraft designed that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.