Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Any possibility of a boxpark type place like at Wembley being built? That one is 2000
capacity.

Place would be rammed before every home game and every new arena event?
I know nothing about boxpark, Is Freight Island a similar type of venue?

And when there was no home game, close season, and nothing on at the arena the place would be deserted.
Arenas are 52 weeks a year and the Etihad stadium will still host the bigger 50k+ gigs through the Summer that are too big for arenas.

Still surprised the club didn’t push on with the north stand to be honest as it wouldn’t have impacted the numbers with no fans at the stadium anyway? I know the revenue is significantly down but let’s not kid ourselves that the club could t have afforded to do a single stand blue wall now so to be ready when things return and fans can go back in? I know that will of course be phased into full capacities but it was still a prime time to have maybe done the stand now and dress the exterior of the stadium as well

Still surprised the club didn’t push on with the north stand to be honest as it wouldn’t have impacted the numbers with no fans at the stadium anyway? I know the revenue is significantly down but let’s not kid ourselves that the club could t have afforded to do a single stand blue wall now so to be ready when things return and fans can go back in? I know that will of course be phased into full capacities but it was still a prime time to have maybe done the stand now and dress the exterior of the stadium as well
You make it sound easy to decide to expand something the size of the North Stand at the drop of a hat. It really isn't, the logistics for a major construction project is horrendous. That's not even considering everything else going on around the area plus Covid to deal with.

You make it sound easy to decide to expand something the size of the North Stand at the drop of a hat. It really isn't, the logistics for a major construction project is horrendous. That's not even considering everything else going on around the area plus Covid to deal with.
Correct, if they has decided they wanted to do it on day one of lockdown 1 we would only just be starting on site now.

I don't think we will even be considering it with the likelihood of safe standing coming in.

certainly not easy mate but I believe that city had the plans done for a blue wall which even khaldoon mentioned in his end of season review? Obviously there would be issues not only with the pandemic, social distancing etc but more than likely materials? It was more just the possible thought process that they could take their time as it would have took longer than normal and of course there will only be phased amount of fans back in the stadium over a period of time? Can they at least dolly up the exterior then? ;-)

And when there was no home game, close season, and nothing on at the arena the place would be deserted.
Thats why you have mutiple attractions that can host various sized events and attract differnt types of clientele. Football Ground, stadium concerts, arena shows, exhibitions, athletics, tennis, cycling, Hotels, shops, restaurants, Cinema, entertainment, etc etc etc.

Yes it wont be 100% full 365 days per year but it doesnt have to be to make it commercially viable. You only have to look how Wembley has changed since we beat the Rags in the semi final a decade ago to see whats possible

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.