Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Mubadala was one of the Abu Dhabi companies that UEFA identified as a related entity and the sponsorship deal value was effectively frozen IIRC so I somewhat doubt it
Those companies were Etisalat & Aabar. Mubadala has never directly sponsored City. Also we disputed UEFA's view but voluntarily agreed not to increase those sponsorships.

Maybe some investment will come to Manchester but it has nothing to do with City.

I know that. Apart from Sheikh Mansour owning City. And Khaldoon being City’s CEO. And both being on the board of Directors of Mubadala. Hence why I posted it.

Either way, every link to Manchester City, no matter how tenuous, cements Abu Dhabi’s link with the club and Manchester. Hopefully some of that investment will come to Manchester?

Last edited:
Those companies were Etisalat & Aabar. Mubadala has never directly sponsored City. Also we disputed UEFA's view but voluntarily agreed not to increase those sponsorships.
"Commercial partners" is the phrase and all three are, with Etihad being our "major"
If Mubadala did become our major partner they can sponsor for whatever they want, but UEFA may disallow some for "fair market value" Didn't they do that with the PSG Qatar tourism deal?
Looking at the rags latest announcement £50M a year is the new starting point, however, I think the club would be looking for non Abu Dhabi partner to replace Etihad

Only if you tie Mubadala into MCFC and ultimately the wealth of Abu Dhabi largely does relate to natural resources. This is recycling wealth.

UK used to be known as King Coal and exploited North Sea oil to the max plus plundered most of the Middle-East oilfields for themselves so they should keep quiet on this subject.

I don't see why manchester football fans should become cheer leaders for middle-east investment funds. Stick to supporting City rather than cheerleading royals.

If you read through the last few comments any outside observer would be completely convinced that Manchester City fans are being sportswashed because they have become advocates for the superwealthy in a really slavish manner.
I welcome any inward investment which creates jobs, especially if it comes to the North West. A large chunk of Manchester wouldn't exist without overseas investment. It's nothing to do with being advocates for the super-wealthy but if we are talking about the super-rich I prefer the ones who invest in sustainable business to the ones who just stash all their money in the Cayman Islands to avoid tax.

Yes it was Aabar doh!
I'm guessing that UEFA would look at Munadala as a related party with HH and KAM being on the board

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Play-rules-allow-clubs-control-finances.html ?

The next main sponsor is important or our club. The owners will surely prefer to continue to have an Abu Dhabi brand on the Manchester City shirt. Remember there investment in the club was partly about promoting there state to the wider world. I guess it's a case of seeing where we are in the summer, but it should be reasonably close to what United and Liverpool are getting from there main sponsors.

Last edited:
Providing they reduce ticket prices otherwise no change. They already stand there.
I don’t see any price reduction for safe standing over seating. The capacity will not be affected unless there is a change in regulations.

Why would the club spend millions to provide rail seating to accommodate the same number if this was going to lead to a reduction in revenue?

I don’t see any price reduction for safe standing over seating. The capacity will not be affected unless there is a change in regulations.

Why would the club spend millions to provide rail seating to accommodate the same number if this was going to lead to a reduction in revenue?
There'd have to be a change in regulations to enable safe standing in the first place, there's no reason that the 3 in 2 seats limit couldn't be applied as well. I found it interesting that City say they're 'bespoke' rail seats, makes me wonder what exactly they entail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.