Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

But stadium capacity is not determined by the space available. It comes from factors like escape routes and the time taken to empty the ground.

All the indications are that there will be no change in capacity. Instead of sitting in a seat, you will stand behind the rail barrier. That certainly happened in the safe standing area at Celtic Park and I suspect at the Tottenham Stadium.

It might be different if the stand was newly built as they could engineer in the necessary escape provisions. But that cannot be done by retrofitting rail seating into an existing stand.

Well our stadium empties in seconds from the 80th minute !

I would imagine there is enough leeway, we have more than the level one capacity at ground level for concerts when you consider the standing tickets which use the same exits?
That’s true.

Also SSL1’s ‘unofficial’ capacity dropped when the club out the wall up in CBL1 for the new corporate area. Because people used to walk round to SSL1 from all around different areas of L1 to stand with mates in SSL1. Now they can’t do that.

Why are they not completing the long mooted north stand third tier, especially with this time with no fans in stadia. Seems a golden opportunity lost.... I think we will be on reduced capacity for some time so perhaps there are plans there....

Why are they not completing the long mooted north stand third tier, especially with this time with no fans in stadia. Seems a golden opportunity lost.... I think we will be on reduced capacity for some time so perhaps there are plans there....

They won’t sanction another major building project on the campus until the Arena is finished. It will be 3 or 4 years before the North Stand gets sign off - probably good timing.... City can continue to grow its fan base and safe standing may be approved by then.

They won’t sanction another major building project on the campus until the Arena is finished. It will be 3 or 4 years before the North Stand gets sign off - probably good timing.... City can continue to grow its fan base and safe standing may be approved by then.

Absolutely.

The roof continues to be a big factor in any development.

City may be looking towards a replacement that will enable major expansion.

I hope they don’t create a third tier in the north stand. We’d basically have a copy of arsenals ground / a wasted opportunity

A single tier or two tiers- larger section at the bottom, would be much better. We desperately need a proper home end

Absolutely.

The roof continues to be a big factor in any development.

City may be looking towards a replacement that will enable major expansion.
Replacing the entire original roof has been the plan for quite awhile. There is the option when they do, to put small extra tiers on the East & West stands although cost per seat may scupper that. If they did I think externally they would be looking at enclosing the spirals entirely.

I can't remember if they have to replace the entire remaining original roof when they do the North stand due to the construction. The South stand for instance could have been taller but the cable-net system would have obstructed sight lines.

Interesting and insightful stuff re: the roof guys. Didn’t realise it was such an obstacle to expansion. Intriguing stuff....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.