Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Could be a lucrative deal, initial cost met, eventually becoming an income stream.
The beean-counters will have the final say, no doubt.

LED wrap round the stadium, with the recent advertising inside the stadium, doing the outside would be the next step.

With the advertising/media people at the club, it could/would look outstanding.

wasnt that the rumour a few years ago? the LED wrap?

As you say could make us some cash but would go towards the iconic status if done with imagination. Allianz just changes colour and everybody goes "Wow" and there would be no limit to ours... Imagine the crowd for a satellite showing of cheetah racing from the Middle East...

I know, could you imagine the current South Stand exterior a giant screen? You'd be able to watch it as you pull into Piccadilly Station
Imagine the whole stadium, it would look stunning, it could be seen from 10s miles away, an incredible advert and I would think a great revenue earner.

LED tech is also very reasonable now compared with years ago.

I would think it would be a dream for a top graphic artist to have a stadium size canvas to work on, the results could be incredible.

Imagine the whole stadium, it would look stunning, it could be seen from 10s miles away, an incredible advert and I would think a great revenue earner.

LED tech is also very reasonable now compared with years ago.

I would think it would be a dream for a top graphic artist to have a stadium size canvas to work on, the results could be incredible.
Sounds good. But then again, we've not been able to change a few fckin bulbs on the roof for the last 10 years!

Expansion of the stadium could cause disruption. A simple ‘add a third tier to the North Stand’ should cause no problems. Anything beyond that would.

in particular the ideas being bandied about on here for a large single tier for the North Stand would shut the whole end for a sustained period, maybe a full season? That would cause mayhem for existing season ticket holders.

I suspect that the least disruption would be provided by starting work at the end of the upcoming season. A lot of those who are likely to defer this season will probably not renew. That could give the scope to shuffle people around. I will be surprised if anything happens.

That all makes me think that either we will see nothing happen or the North Stand will get a third tier. If the aspirations of the club extend beyond a circa 60,000 capacity, the would entail a new stadium being constructed.

Chelsea have managed expectations without expanding by pushing up prices. Arsenal, Spurs, and West Ham moved to new stadia and seem to be filling them despite very high prices.

City face a harder task to fill 60,000+ seats in Manchester.

Whichever option City go for will

Expansion of the stadium could cause disruption. A simple ‘add a third tier to the North Stand’ should cause no problems. Anything beyond that would.

in particular the ideas being bandied about on here for a large single tier for the North Stand would shut the whole end for a sustained period, maybe a full season? That would cause mayhem for existing season ticket holders.

I suspect that the least disruption would be provided by starting work at the end of the upcoming season. A lot of those who are likely to defer this season will probably not renew. That could give the scope to shuffle people around. I will be surprised if anything happens.

That all makes me think that either we will see nothing happen or the North Stand will get a third tier. If the aspirations of the club extend beyond a circa 60,000 capacity, the would entail a new stadium being constructed.

Chelsea have managed expectations without expanding by pushing up prices. Arsenal, Spurs, and West Ham moved to new stadia and seem to be filling them despite very high prices.

City face a harder task to fill 60,000+ seats in Manchester.

Whichever option City go for will
It’s not happening.

It would be madness to put another 6000 seats which would not be used for many games. The feasibility studies say no - it’s why it hasnt

Others on this thread seem to be ignoring that the club have literally just ripped out 1100 seats that were only put in 3 seasons ago.

53000 will be a sufficient capacity for the next decade. If it’s sufficient now during the Pep years - it will certainly be more of than sufficient in the post Pep years.

This thread should focus on the Arena and connected hospitality developments which are gonna be fantastic

It’s not happening.

It would be madness to put another 6000 seats which would not be used for many games. The feasibility studies say no - it’s why it hasnt

Others on this thread seem to be ignoring that the club have literally just ripped out 1100 seats that were only put in 3 seasons ago.

53000 will be a sufficient capacity for the next decade. If it’s sufficient now during the Pep years - it will certainly be more of than sufficient in the post Pep years.

This thread should focus on the Arena and connected hospitality developments which are gonna be fantastic

Tbf we’ve averaged more than 53k for 6 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.