Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Why do we continually get crowds of 50,000+ when City are drawn at home for FA Cup 3rd, 4th, and 5th round games? Because the tickets are affordable. Because tickets are affordable the demand for tickets is there.

As we've been posting for the last 10 years. Expand the stadium, make season tickets and match day tickets more affordable, and we will fill the stadium. And in doing so we will sell more drinks, food, and merchandise, which will cover the cost of lower match ticket prices.

We're now at a point where we've maxed out on hospitality inside the stadium. We've maxed out on electronic advertising boards. Maybe there's another row of electronic advertising boards to go on level 3? You can never say we've maxed out on season ticket and matchday ticket prices because they will continue to go up.(as a rule) So what's left? The Etihad Campus, the COOP Live Arena, the Collar site, and one final expansion of the Etihad Stadium.(North Stand) Out match day income is miles behind the other ‘big 6 teams’.
Why do we continually get crowds of 50,000+ when City are drawn at home for FA Cup 3rd, 4th, and 5th round games? Because the tickets are affordable. Because tickets are affordable the demand for tickets is there.

As we've been posting for the last 10 years. Expand the stadium, make season tickets and match day tickets more affordable, and we will fill the stadium. And in doing so we will sell more drinks, food, and merchandise, which will cover the cost of lower match ticket prices.

We're now at a point where we've maxed out on hospitality inside the stadium. We've maxed out on electronic advertising boards. Maybe there's another row of electronic advertising boards to go on level 3? You can never say we've maxed out on season ticket and matchday ticket prices because they will continue to go up.(as a rule) So what's left? The Etihad Campus, the COOP Live Arena, the Collar site, and one final expansion of the Etihad Stadium.(North Stand)
Cheaper tickets just ain’t gonna happen.

Our match day income is already miles behind the other big 6 clubs so cheaper tckts won’t be happening. Match day income will be dwarfed even by Spurs when they get fans back in. The club need to bridge that gap and cheap tickets won’t solve that problem.

Cheaper tickets just makes it even more likely those fairweather fans don’t turn up.

I recall a cup game in 9320 a couple of seasons ago where it was free for season card holders. My block ( which is all season cards ) was half empty. It’s free and half the season card holders couldn’t be arsed attending or giving their ticket to somebody to use. Mind boggling.

It would seem to me that ripping out the 1100 seats which as JRB shows in the pics puts the stadium back in the position it used to be with fans further away, is the club saying you had your chance and you didn’t use them.

I'd be surprised if there were 1000 empty seats at the big games. The lessser games and the midweek games maybe. Many of those empty seats for the lesser and midweek games were probably sold, but fans couldn't be arsed turning up.

I still can't understand how adding an extra advertising board, showing the same add on a larger double advertiising board, can bring in more revnue than 1000 extra supporters per home game.

Disclaimer. 1000 supporters. It's probably less, but nobody knows the exact amount of seats taken out.

The missing fans aside. It has moved the fans further back from the pitch and the players, which will impact on the general intimidating atmosphere of the Etihad.

In essence City have created 3 front rows of no man's land with only stewards allowed on it.

View attachment 20053

Look how far back the fans will be from the pitch, the action, and the players.

View attachment 20054
Sorry bud, I meant it would be 1,000 less at big games now the front row seats have gone.

It's around 1,100 seats removed, I think I got that from City's website.

We're now at a point where we've maxed out on hospitality inside the stadium. We've maxed out on electronic advertising boards. Maybe there's another row of electronic advertising boards to go on level 3? You can never say we've maxed out on season ticket and matchday ticket prices because they will continue to go up.(as a rule) So what's left? The Etihad Campus, the COOP Live Arena, the Collar site, and one final expansion of the Etihad Stadium.(North Stand)
The match-day revenue is now a tiny part of CIty's revenue. Totally dwarfed by broadcasting and commercial revenue at City. Assuming crowds return, expect £70m in match-day revenue and over £600m in total revenue.

It makes sense to price the stadium to fill it. That is exactly what City do.

Our match day income is already miles behind the other big 6 clubs so cheaper tckts won’t be happening. Match day income will be dwarfed even by Spurs when they get fans back in. The club need to bridge that gap and cheap tickets won’t solve that problem.

Cheaper tickets just makes it even more likely those fairweather fans don’t turn up.

I recall a cup game in 9320 a couple of seasons ago where it was free for season card holders. My block ( which is all season cards ) was half empty. It’s free and half the season card holders couldn’t be arsed attending or giving their ticket to somebody to use. Mind boggling.

It would seem to me that ripping out the 1100 seats which as JRB shows in the pics puts the stadium back in the position it used to be with fans further away, is the club saying you had your chance and you didn’t use them.
These addition seats were it seems to me, at the time, to be a mistake; already the front row was pretty much as low as one would want to seat, adding the two rows in front at pretty much the same height meant that the seats weren't popular and also meant the old front row was obscured. The front rows get wet during inclement weather, and from what I understand there were complaints about the seats, very visible empty to the Tv viewers giving credence to those who like to criticise our attendances. Obviously the additional advertising screens will generate more income than empty seats
What I don't agree with is this is evidence that the stadium will not be extended in the future, facts are show that tickets sold are about 98% capacity for PL games this means that casual and occasional fans find it near impossible to get tickets especially for the popular fixtures. To me it would be better to have 98% sell-out for 10 games a season in a 100k stadium ( example only) and 75% for the remaining games, this would give the club the opportunity to sell cheap seats for the less popular games which at the moment are still 98% sold out

The match-day revenue is now a tiny part of CIty's revenue. Totally dwarfed by broadcasting and commercial revenue at City. Assuming crowds return, expect £70m in match-day revenue and over £600m in total revenue.

It makes sense to price the stadium to fill it. That is exactly what City do.
City’s match day income is £50m plus behind the the other Big 6 teams.

Reducing ticket prices is not happening.

Why not?

Ticket income is tiny in comparison to turnover.

Ask the players/manager do you want to play in front of 40/50k (expensive tickets) or 70k-80k ( cheap tickets) I can guarantee the answer.

People go to a match, they spend, merch', food, drinks etc, we need to be a lot more proactive on that, make that reasonable, quality service and the fans would take to it.

These addition seats were it seems to me, at the time, to be a mistake; already the front row was pretty much as low as one would want to seat, adding the two rows in front at pretty much the same height meant that the seats weren't popular and also meant the old front row was obscured. The front rows get wet during inclement weather, and from what I understand there were complaints about the seats, very visible empty to the Tv viewers giving credence to those who like to criticise our attendances. Obviously the additional advertising screens will generate more income than empty seats
What I don't agree with is this is evidence that the stadium will not be extended in the future, facts are show that tickets sold are about 98% capacity for PL games this means that casual and occasional fans find it near impossible to get tickets especially for the popular fixtures. To me it would be better to have 98% sell-out for 10 games a season in a 100k stadium ( example only) and 75% for the remaining games, this would give the club the opportunity to sell cheap seats for the less popular games which at the moment are still 98% sold out
Tickets are still on sale the day before the game for 10 league games a season and it’s the same for almost every domestic cup and champions league game. They might be individual tickets for the league games but they are on sale.

And that’s after the sales team have been very creative with sales in the run up to the lesser games.

The stand would have been built 2 years ago if league and cup games were sold out in advance and they knew the demand for 6000 seats was there.

And this is all during the Pep era when things are pretty much as good as it gets.

The North Stand development has been mothballed and it won’t be resurrected any time soon.

We can make excuses about the quality of the extra seats they put in, but the fact is they are ripping them out. If anybody questions the demand for seats what more proof do they need !

Why not?

Ticket income is tiny in comparison to turnover.

Ask the players/manager do you want to play in front of 40/50k (expensive tickets) or 70k-80k ( cheap tickets) I can guarantee the answer.

People go to a match, they spend, merch', food, drinks etc, we need to be a lot more proactive on that, make that reasonable, quality service and the fans would take to it.
Its never gonna happen though. It might sound a good idea - but nobody is gonna take a punt on the fantasy that 25000 fans are gonna appear out of the woodwork to justify a huge development when the data on ticket sale just doesn’t support that theory.

Having match day revenue less than half of our rivals at the moment is a major problem that ain’t gonna be sorted by reducing match ticket pricing.

City’s match day income is £50m plus behind the the other Big 6 teams.

Reducing ticket prices is not happening.
We're not £50m behind Chelsea. We're about £25m behind Liverpool in match-day revenue. I didn't suggest ticket prices are being reduced. I said we price the tickets to fill the ground. As a supporter you may just want affordable ticket prices but City look at everything in terms of cost and revenue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.