Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Its never gonna happen though. It might sound a good idea - but nobody is gonna take a punt on the fantasy that 25000 fans are gonna appear out of the woodwork to justify a huge development when the data on ticket sale just doesn’t support that theory.

Having match day revenue less than half of our rivals at the moment is a major problem that ain’t gonna be sorted by reducing match ticket pricing.
If pricing increases though then numbers will drop and they won’t get close to rivals revenue either. Also why is match day revenue a big thing amongst rivals if we get more income in other areas? I imagine Bayern’s match day income would be next to nothing in comparison to many top teams. I doubt they care also

Its never gonna happen though. It might sound a good idea - but nobody is gonna take a punt on the fantasy that 25000 fans are gonna appear out of the woodwork to justify a huge development when the data on ticket sale just doesn’t support that theory.

Having match day revenue less than half of our rivals at the moment is a major problem that ain’t gonna be sorted by reducing match ticket pricing.
Why is it a major problem? I can’t see why it’s a problem at all? Who gives a fuck who wins the most match day revenue trophy?

They only way City can continue increasing matchday revenue is by
increasing season ticket, matchday ticket, corporate, refreshment, and merchandise prices. Outside of those areas sponsorship and advertising on matchdays.

The other option is to link any development of the Etihad Campus and Collar site and the revenues they make to the club.

Don’t forget, Sheikh Mansour and ADUG can spend what they want on the stadium and Etihad Campus without it affecting the club and FFP.

If pricing increases though then numbers will drop and they won’t get close to rivals revenue either. Also why is match day revenue a big thing amongst rivals if we get more income in other areas? I imagine Bayern’s match day income would be next to nothing in comparison to many top teams. I doubt they care also
Bayerns match day income is right up there don't believe the hype on their cheap tickets.

Why is it a major problem? I can’t see why it’s a problem at all? Who gives a fuck who wins the most match day revenue trophy?
Nobody is really arsed about revenue until it starts to impact on signings and FFP etc.

Utd Arsenal and Spurs will each have a 50m + advantage each season on match day income. That gap has to be closed somehow.

The only reason it is mentioned is to reason why there won’t be any reductions on match ticket pricing.

They only way City can continue increasing matchday revenue is by
increasing season ticket, matchday ticket, corporate, refreshment, and merchandise prices. Outside of those areas sponsorship and advertising on matchdays.

The other option is to link any development of the Etihad Campus and Collar site and the revenues they make to the club.

Don’t forget, Sheikh Mansour and ADUG can spend what they want on the stadium and Etihad Campus without it affecting the club and FFP.
I agree with most of what you say JRB but the developments still have to be paid for, regardless of FFP. Our owner and Board might want to see how crowds return after the pandemic, whether deferred season card holders return etc. Also, will safe standing attract new fans??

We average 54,000 each PL Game, we would easily fill a 60,000 plus stadium in the PL, and thats gauranteed for over 50% of those games, and if we are dominant for the next 10 years, as the past 10 years, how many more fans will we attract.
This is the time to get it built its crazy not to, with our owners backing anything is possible and i believe we can achieve more in the future by winning the CL, look at what they are willing to spend this year the club has loosened the shackles and quite right, bollocks to what the meadia and what rag fans have to say, lets have the best, build it and they will come, there are 2.5 Million people live in greater Manchester, how many of them support City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.