Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I do think the Co-op Live Arena will transform the ‘offer’, a bored missus and 13 year old daughter might suddenly give half a shit if they are going to watch some fucking pop star I’ve never heard later of as part of a combined weekend.
The dad an overseas blue who has never been to see City before and hates the female choices.
How the fuck have we as a club come to this, though?
Where is Moss Side, Ardwick, West Gorton in all this? £50 a seat for the match and probably £75 for the gig? They can’t afford that.
Is this what we want? Are we pricing out our local hardcore in favour of rich tourists?
In short, are we becoming what we used to take the piss out of?

Last edited:
I do think the Co-op Live Arena will transform the ‘offer’, a bored missus and 13 year old daughter might suddenly give half a shit if they are going to watch some fucking pop star I’ve never heard later of as part of a combined weekend.
The dad an overseas blue who has never been to see City before and hates the female choices.
How the fuck have we as a club come to this, though?
Where is Moss Side, Ardwick, West Gorton in all this? £50 a seat for the match and probably £75 for the gig? They can’t afford that.
Is this what we want? Are we pricing out our local hardcore in favour of rich tourists?
In short, are we becoming what we used to take the piss out of?
People trying to justify 50 quid for a game against mid table teams is beyond me.

The ticket prices are outrageous, thousands have been priced out of the game they love.

Buying tickets on a casual basis is a nightmare, and let's not kid ourselves it's a nightmare to get extra tickets even if you have a season ticket.

There is a major issue in getting in and out of the ground in terms of transport, let's follow the German initiative, free public transport on a match day included with your ticket.

Give football back to the working man, make it easy to attend, make it easy to sit with family and friends, do that and we would fill an enlarged capacity stadium more times than not.

People trying to justify 50 quid for a game against mid table teams is beyond me.

The ticket prices are outrageous, thousands have been priced out of the game they love.

Buying tickets on a casual basis is a nightmare, and let's not kid ourselves it's a nightmare to get extra tickets even if you have a season ticket.

There is a major issue in getting in and out of the ground in terms of transport, let's follow the German initiative, free public transport on a match day included with your ticket.

Give football back to the working man, make it easy to attend, make it easy to sit with family and friends, do that and we would fill an enlarged capacity stadium more times than not.
For some reason we don’t look at the German model and copy it. Chalk and cheese in match going experiences

For some reason we don’t look at the German model and copy it. Chalk and cheese in match going experiences
FWIW, the German model includes widespread involvement of fans in supporters clubs. Germany’s best supported club (in terms of match going fans) share coaches across the region to take them into Dortmund. I’ve mentioned this because there is a misconception that everybody uses free public transport to matches in Germany.

FWIW, the German model includes widespread involvement of fans in supporters clubs. Germany’s best supported club (in terms of match going fans) share coaches across the region to take them into Dortmund. I’ve mentioned this because there is a misconception that everybody uses free public transport to matches in Germany.
But it’s there though isn’t it, free transport. Doesn’t even have to be free, just a well run system will do to get in and out with ease.

Sadly though, it has stifled the competitiveness at the top of the league. I wouldn't want to watch a team in a league where you know one of two teams will be the champions. You need the heavy investment to create the surprises and uncertainty.

Plus it should also be remembered that prior to the 50+1 rule, the clubs were mainly run by not for profit organisations, so they're moving towards the PL model and it will eventually crack. No way it will work over here.

Sadly though, it has stifled the competitiveness at the top of the league. I wouldn't want to watch a team in a league where you know one of two teams will be the champions. You need the heavy investment to create the surprises and uncertainty.

Plus it should also be remembered that prior to the 50+1 rule, the clubs were mainly run by not for profit organisations, so they're moving towards the PL model and it will eventually crack. No way it will work over here.
I meant more the match going experience, travel, ease in and out etc rather than ownership, sorry for any confusion.

The German model has many flaws

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.