Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

You post lots of great stuff JRB but I don’t think the majority of this forum buy this get out of jail free card argument for the Bolton fan any more.

I can’t imagine it’s Khaldoon or Sorinano
Insisting thst the last few hundred PSG tickets are priced at around £400 to be in SSL3 / Vermillion. Yes there will be pressure on the second tier Directors to increase revenues but it’s their choice whether to do that in an unsustainable way like only putting 1,100 tickets on sale for the Derby to season card holders; holding a fictitious second ballot for Aguero’s last game; and introducing mobile ticketing in one fell swoop.

I would like to see cheaper tickets but there’s many more things that are affecting the match day experience. I’m just glad the football
Is brilliant and we have lots of top Blues on this forum.

I don't for one second think either of those two set ticket price points, but both of them, or more likely Soriano, are the drivers behind repositioning the clubs fan base, and driving the matchday revenue increase by whatever means possible.

I work in retail. We have regular visits from Regional Directors. Some of the ideas they want implemented, which are carried out the following day, are laughable. But the Manager, Assistant Managers, Section Managers, Supervisors, and down to the canon fodder, have to implement those ideas.

I appreciate that's the way of the World.

In reality, who am I to tell Soriano, the current CEO of City, and the ex-President of Barcelona FC, how to run Manchester City Football Club?

I've seen a mockup of the exterior cladding of the Coop Live Arena. As you'd expect it's almost identical to the CGI's, but the finish isn't shiny (see the CGI below as an example), it''s a 'matt and dull' finish.

1636361534904.jpeg

I don't for one second think either of those two set ticket price points, but both of them, or more likely Soriano, are the drivers behind repositioning the clubs fan base, and driving the matchday revenue increase by whatever means possible.

I work in retail. We have regular visits from Regional Directors. Some of the ideas they want implemented, which are carried out the following day, are laughable. But the Manager, Assistant Managers, Section Managers, Supervisors, and down to the canon fodder, have to implement those ideas.

I appreciate that's the way of the World.

In reality, who am I to tell Soriano, the current CEO of City, and the ex-President of Barcelona FC, how to run Manchester City Football Club?
I agree that Soriano will be putting big pressure on Wilson, De Vries and co. You are also right that we have the right to criticise. It’s just that over the last 12 months it’s been the operational implementation that’s been hitting fans the most. Yes Soriano and Khaldoon set the tone but the implantation has been shoddy.

Fingers crossed the situation is improving with, for example, the extra turnstiles for the PSG game and most fans getting used to the mobile ticketing.

Reactions: jrb
4 screen grabs from the drone video. Click on the link to see the drone video

Stuart Prosser - Construction Director at BAM Construct UK - Linkedin

Co-op Live drone imagery to capture the excellent performance from our supply chain as we get ready to commence the structural steel frame next month

1-FBC2-C4-E-D970-4-DC7-AFC6-1-A8-A4-C7-BB8-DF.jpg

2-B269912-400-E-490-B-BE0-E-FF3-A9-CB980-E0.jpg

6-AA54-A1-B-DA35-4-E98-BB2-B-93-C46-DAB86-FA.jpg

91-A04485-C5-FD-42-DE-B04-D-7-D41-B88-B1-F45.jpg

Drone Video.

I agree that Soriano will be putting big pressure on Wilson, De Vries and co. You are also right that we have the right to criticise. It’s just that over the last 12 months it’s been the operational implementation that’s been hitting fans the most. Yes Soriano and Khaldoon set the tone but the implantation has been shoddy.

Fingers crossed the situation is improving with, for example, the extra turnstiles for the PSG game and most fans getting used to the mobile ticketing.

As you say, the operational implementation over the last 12 months has been the biggest issue.

I've seen a mockup of the exterior cladding of the Coop Live Arena. As you'd expect it's almost identical to the CGI's, but the finish isn't shiny (see the CGI below as an example), it''s a 'matt and dull' finish.

View attachment 29535

Said before but for such an "iconic" building the exterior is rank, no imagination whatsoever, could and should be far more dynamic.

It has a hint of brutalism about it. Not the most aesthetically pleasing style but an extremely space effective one.

I really find it quite hard to believe that grown men are whinging about a building "potentially" being matt grey.

Oh the humanity! Not matt grey!! Won't somebody think of the children!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.