Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I was being specific about the area adjacent to the Leeds arena, which is clear in the aerial photographs.

It takes 15 minutes to walk to New Islington and Ancoats. Mary D’s is across the road from the Etihad. ;-)

Over 32 bars and restaurants inside the Coop Live Arena will remain open after the concerts and events. There’s no need to go back into town or to leave the Arena.

32 bars and restaurants. Captive audience and high prices go hand in hand in such places. Food and drink quality can be hit and miss too. I am thinking of the O2 Dome in London as a prime example.

I was being specific about the area adjacent to the Leeds arena, which is clear in the aerial photographs.

It takes 15 minutes to walk to New Islington and Ancoats. Mary D’s is across the road from the Etihad. ;-)

Over 32 bars and restaurants inside the Coop Live Arena will remain open after the concerts and events. There’s no need to go back into town or to leave the Arena.
15 min walk? It takes 32 minutes to walk from the City Store to the Travelodge on Great Ancoats Street (see Google maps) and that's taking the dimly lit walking route by the side of the Met and canal. Try doing that late night after a few drinks and see the welcome your get from the Spice heads.

I wouldn't even walk that route on a matchday, 30 mins after final whistle as it's a muggers paradise through a dodgy part of town.

32 bars and restaurants. Captive audience and high prices go hand in hand in such places. Food and drink quality can be hit and miss too. I am thinking of the O2 Dome in London as a prime example.
I am sure that our new indoor arena will be fantastic in many ways. Yes we can be pretty sure of high prices for food and drink.

Maybe we could take a lesson or 2 from the Leeds arena where a new, big Wetherspoons had opened a minute away.

I am sure that our new indoor arena will be fantastic in many ways. Yes we can be pretty sure of high prices for food and drink.

Maybe we could take a lesson or 2 from the Leeds arena where a new, big Wetherspoons had opened a minute away.

Have mentioned elsewhere, that my missus ex company, Greedy King tried to do a huge newbuild pub and restaurant near the stadium, but Manchester council basically refused permission. At the time she heard Wetherspoon had failed with a similar project.

Originally posted by Toastrack on SSC-MCR today.

From the looks of it Mary D's survives? The rumour was it was being sold or had been sold and was part of the Grey Mare Lane Estate redevelopment. Link to the MCC-GML-PDF via the link below.

1636474624790.jpeg

Originally posted by Toastrack on SSC-MCR today.

From the looks of it Mary D's survives? The rumour was it was being sold or had been sold and was part of the Grey Mare Lane Estate redevelopment. Link to the MCC-GML-PDF via the link below.

View attachment 29603
A bit more blurb about the GML estate

Have mentioned elsewhere, that my missus ex company, Greedy King tried to do a huge newbuild pub and restaurant near the stadium, but Manchester council basically refused permission. At the time she heard Wetherspoon had failed with a similar project.
It seems absurd that the council would reject applications. The area is crying out for decent pubs and eating places. Not everyone wants beer in a cardboard cup.

It seems absurd that the council would reject applications. The area is crying out for decent pubs and eating places. Not everyone wants beer in a cardboard cup.
I heard, albeit many moons ago now, that if you knock a pub down, you have to build another one? Apparently it goes back to the old coaching house days and the need for weary travelers to be able to rest!
Here endeth todays history lesson :-)

4 screen grabs from the drone video. Click on the link to see the drone video

Stuart Prosser - Construction Director at BAM Construct UK - Linkedin

Co-op Live drone imagery to capture the excellent performance from our supply chain as we get ready to commence the structural steel frame next month

1-FBC2-C4-E-D970-4-DC7-AFC6-1-A8-A4-C7-BB8-DF.jpg

2-B269912-400-E-490-B-BE0-E-FF3-A9-CB980-E0.jpg

6-AA54-A1-B-DA35-4-E98-BB2-B-93-C46-DAB86-FA.jpg

91-A04485-C5-FD-42-DE-B04-D-7-D41-B88-B1-F45.jpg

Drone Video.

Went for my booster jab today so had a nosey, what are the two grey structures at either end?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.