Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

My man who knows has told me the expansion will go ahead once the area is completed and it will be the same as the south stand .

anyone that is hoping for a single tier can stop hoping as it wont/cant happen

Such a bad decision to wait imo as it will never be as good as it is now under pep and we also have Haaland coming in?!

Hope I’m still around when the stadium is completely finished. I’ve a feeling it will look spectacular with the new north stand in place and the corners filled in which would I think give us a capacity of at least 70,000. Also a new facade wrap around the whole stadium. One could but dream.

Hope I’m still around when the stadium is completely finished. I’ve a feeling it will look spectacular with the new north stand in place and the corners filled in which would I think give us a capacity of at least 70,000. Also a new facade wrap around the whole stadium. One could but dream.
I somehow doubt getting to anywhere near 70k is likely, the roof design makes it very difficult to expand with additional tiers on Colin Bell and East Stands

Such a bad decision to wait imo as it will never be as good as it is now under pep and we also have Haaland coming in?!
Well I doubt the club are expecting either becoming unsuccessful anytime soon, or fans disappearing as soon as Pep leaves. So planning for an extension will be far more long term than any current manager or player, it will be based on when it’s logistically most convenient..

I though a new roof was required whatever?
Rumours of the current one being replaced seem a little far fetched
The logistics of a new roof would mean a stadium closure for at least a season just removing the existing one would be a major undertaking followed by a new one might as well build a new stadium

The logistics of a new roof would mean a stadium closure for at least a season just removing the existing one would be a major undertaking followed by a new one might as well build a new stadium
I though when the south stand extension was done, the story was the roof would be needed to be replaced for the whole stadium within a decade and the new corner sections of the roof were only temporary ( they do look weird and poor)

I somehow doubt getting to anywhere near 70k is likely, the roof design makes it very difficult to expand with additional tiers on Colin Bell and East Stands
I think the initial plan was to ‘square off’ the top tiers of CB and East Stand whilst joining them up to the N and S stands. Two giant screens on the roof-ends and Bob’s yer uncle.

They could just build the new roof above the old one and then take the old one down when it’s done. Just the same as they did with the South Stand. It would just mean it would have to be done as part of an extension of those stands. The only way I see that happening is if they went all out as a Euro 2028 venue.

Otherwise they’ll probably just work on the current roof and fix it up as much as they can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.