Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

My man who knows has told me the expansion will go ahead once the area is completed and it will be the same as the south stand .

anyone that is hoping for a single tier can stop hoping as it wont/cant happen

I hope that’s not true. what a wasted opportunity. We will basically have a copy of arsenals ground. We have a chance to make our ground unique or build a proper home end. Why on earth are we not taking that chance

and my fear with another third tier is that will mean more people from level 1 forced to relocate as the lower tiers become more corporate

Last edited:
I hope that’s not true. what a wasted opportunity. We will basically have a copy of arsenals ground. We have a chance to make our ground unique or build a proper home end. Why on earth are we not taking that chance

and my fear with another third tier is that will mean more people from level 1 forced to relocate as the lower tiers become more corporate
I agree for what its worth but i think its structural /engineering issues

I spoke to someone at the club today about something unrelated.

Apparently City have a waiting list of 60k supporters who have shown an interest in a season ticket.

With numbers like that it wouldn’t shock me if the north stand is expanded sooner rather than later.
There might be 60k members but there is definitely no season ticket waiting list.

They could just build the new roof above the old one and then take the old one down when it’s done. Just the same as they did with the South Stand. It would just mean it would have to be done as part of an extension of those stands. The only way I see that happening is if they went all out as a Euro 2028 venue.

Otherwise they’ll probably just work on the current roof and fix it up as much as they can.
There a big difference between the roof at the ends and sides which have the spirals with the cable net anchors on top and additional ones stretching quite a way out thus, extremely difficult to build above the third tier The issue with the roof is it’s a cablenet system that cannot be broken without the roof collapsing the cablenet runs below the roofline of the new south stand roof

There a big difference between the roof at the ends and sides which have the spirals with the cable net anchors on top and additional ones stretching quite a way out thus, extremely difficult to build above the third tier The issue with the roof is it’s a cablenet system that cannot be broken without the roof collapsing the cablenet runs below the roofline of the new south stand roof

Yeah I know all that and it’s possible to expand. I was probably the first to explain how it all worked on this board. Unlikely to happen for a very long time if ever though unless they go all out for the Euros and decide to basically do a Real with the stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.