Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Off topic. But on the subject of Hotels.

Hotels are creeping ever closer to the Etihad Stadium.

The Leonardo Hotel (nicknamed the Jenga Hotel) on GAS, not far from the Etihad Stadium has recently opened.

View attachment 46649

View attachment 46648
Noticed that was up after the last game of the season. I’m sure more will follow.

It’s all good news on the footfall nearer the stadium.

I’m sure there will be plans to open the Atrium in the Arena pre match - and redevelop City Square to cater for both match day and gig punters.

City square was unique when launched but it needs to be upgraded and there loads of opportunities with the Arena next to it

I'm not sure Adele in Vegas will agree with you mate ;)
I work in the live event industry and funny story about Adele in vegas.... she had a argument with the set designers and wanted them to redesign a very large and expensive water piece that was built into it a week before opening... they told her it was impossible to change, massive arguments and she fcuked them off and brought in a new team /

in terms of transport things are in the pipline, there's been meetings between OVG and TFGM about what could be done with the offer of buying more trams and improvement to the area.

From what i've heard, current time frame is for 1 opening gig to take place in December 2023 with some other test events before a full event calendar then starting in the new year, they are having the same issues with supply chain and staffing issues. when the new arena is built then it will be incredible, the money ASM is putting into the AO isn't too be sniffed at, the main thing is it takes time for venues to find footing, promotors like to go where they are familiar, know the staff, know how a building works, know the technical limits of buildings (truck movements, how local crew's work for load in's / load out's). I have no doubt that the Co-Op will take business away from the AO its shown already by the staff that have joined them.

But these things being said are what was said about Wembley arena when the O2 opened... but the O2 didn't kill Wembley arena it just settled in its place and had to work harder as a business to get stuff, it killed off Earls Court (Docklands arena had already been closed a couple of years before). I see AO being fine but GMEX being the casualty in this, especially once a hotel is built on site it unfortunately makes it the ideal location for political Party conferences as well as other general conferences

Back on topic, does anyone have any news on the progress of the construct of the New Bar for the new corporate seats in block 202/204 which could steal concourse space behind 242/201/202?

Just been down and get my Covid booster jab. Will post the arena construction pictures in a bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.