Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Roughly zero chance of a single tiered extension imo.

Have to do away with the corporate that’s there. They will want to add more if anything.

Also just don’t see them moving the family stand at all, too much fucking around last time.

Path of least resistance is adding a 3rd tier.
100% this. extended 2nd tier at the most.

Have to do away with the corporate that’s there. They will want to add more if anything.

Also just don’t see them moving the family stand at all, too much fucking around last time.

Yeah, I can only see a 3 tier stand going in myself, and if the W & E roofs are replaced at the same time perhaps an extended tier at the back of them with more corporate boxes maybe? Or is that too in the Gods for corporate?

A 3 tier could work. Level 1 standing only with £30 tickets on sale 2 weeks before the match. Level 2 family stand...they aren't going anywhere. Level 3 cheapo season tickets for anyone who fancies a move and better atmosphere.
The family stand would have to shift, can you imagine the complaints because of the language below

Obviously City are not going to close the whole North Stand for a season just to satisfy a few obsessives.

3 tiers.

The North Stand will just be the same as it is now, but with an additional tier. There will be no change at that end of the ground bar an increased capacity. Do we relly want that? The atmosphere won't improve. And the empty seats on Level 1 will remain and still be an issue.(unlike South Stand level 1)

The Family Stand is pretty diluted now with Adults. Gone are the days when you had to have a child to get a seat there. The Family stand or North Stand level 1 is pretty much open to anyone now.

The club won't put the family stand in level 2. They are the most expensive seats out of a proposed 3 tiered stand. Just like they are in the South Stand.

The whole point of increasing capacity, as well as improving the atmosphere, which is more important, is creating a proper home end for City fans. Making the North Stand a 3 tiered stand like the South Stand won't achieve that bar increasing the capacity. The only feasible options are creating a single tier stand or an enlarged double tiered stand with rail seating on level 1, and a good mixture of young and old fans on level 2 who will join in with the singing on level 1 below. Forget about a 3 tiered North Stand. It won't work or improve the atmosphere at the Etihad.

Back to the single tier discussion in a bit.

I do think North Stand tier 1 will be safe standing within the next few years. Probably when we’ve got greater capacity of seats for people to move to.

I do think North Stand tier 1 will be safe standing within the next few years. Probably when we’ve got greater capacity of seats for people to move to.
Not a hope in hell.

See how the conversion of the South Stand goes. I suspect it will end there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.