Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

3 tiers.

The North Stand will just be the same as it is now, but with an additional tier. There will be no change at that end of the ground bar an increased capacity. Do we relly want that? The atmosphere won't improve. And the empty seats on Level 1 will remain and still be an issue.(unlike South Stand level 1)

The Family Stand is pretty diluted now with Adults. Gone are the days when you had to have a child to get a seat there. The Family stand or North Stand level 1 is pretty much open to anyone now.

The club won't put the family stand in level 2. They are the most expensive seats out of a proposed 3 tiered stand. Just like they are in the South Stand.

The whole point of increasing capacity, as well as improving the atmosphere, which is more important, is creating a proper home end for City fans. Making the North Stand a 3 tiered stand like the South Stand won't achieve that bar increasing the capacity. The only feasible options are creating a single tier stand or an enlarged double tiered stand with rail seating on level 1, and a good mixture of young and old fans on level 2 who will join in with the singing on level 1 below. Forget about a 3 tiered North Stand. It won't work or improve the atmosphere at the Etihad.

Back to the single tier discussion in a bit.

Might as well put to bed the 1 tier debate. We all know it won't happen. It's gone the way of the log flume and the Cheetah racing but they're still more likely to happen

Might as well put to bed the 1 tier debate. We all know it won't happen. It's gone the way of the log flume and the Cheetah racing but they're still more likely to happen

Unless 'you actually know' what the plans are for any NS expansion/redevelopment are, you shouldn't rule anything out.

As for me, I don't mind if it's a single tier or a larger double tier. A triple tier like the SS is pointless bar increasing the Etihad capacity.

Last edited:
Not sure who posted it as the thread has moved on since then, but they said any single tier extension would ruin the symmetry of the Etihad. You do a valid point.

But a single tier hasn't had a negative impact on the apperance of Spurs new stadium which has 2, 3 tier side stands, like the Etihad has. The ends of the 2, 3 tier side stands will never align with a single tier stand behind the goal, but they can be designed and enginnered to tie in as neatly as possible to a single tiered stand behind the goal, as has been done with Spurs new stadium.

Let's be honest, it won't be any worse than the current South Stand 3rd tier expansion with the unsightly and unfinished corners.

1656197202535.jpeg

1656197400391.jpeg

Last edited:
Unless 'you actually know' what the plans are for any NS expansion/redevelopment, you shouldn't rule anything out.

As for me, I don't mind if it's a single tier or a larger double tier. A triple tier like the SS is pointless bar increasing the Etihad capacity.
Wasn't it said somewhere that City had indicated in some fan forum or other that they weren't looking to expand the corporate offering in the North Stand. Although that doesn't mean a different expension plan for the stand I guess

Regardlass of what NS expansion design City have picked, the bigger concern and issue for the club is how they will fill the empty seats around the Etihad left by the mass migration of current season ticket holders to an e panded NS. There's no point in having a full 20,000+ NS expansion if the rest of the stadium has swathes if empty seats. The club have to fill the expanded NS as well as the vacated seats around the rest of the Etihad.

Wasn't it said somewhere that City had indicated in some fan forum or other that they weren't looking to expand the corporate offering in the North Stand. Although that doesn't mean a different expension plan for the stand I guess

I think you're correct. Surely City have now maxed out on corporate areas? It would be good if the club made any North Stand expansion all safe standing, without any corporate areas.

I wonder what Sheikh Mansour would have done with MR, if anything, if he'd bought the club whilst City were still playing at MR.

1656198731644.jpeg

3 tiers.

The North Stand will just be the same as it is now, but with an additional tier. There will be no change at that end of the ground bar an increased capacity. Do we relly want that? The atmosphere won't improve. And the empty seats on Level 1 will remain and still be an issue.(unlike South Stand level 1)

The Family Stand is pretty diluted now with Adults. Gone are the days when you had to have a child to get a seat there. The Family stand or North Stand level 1 is pretty much open to anyone now.

The club won't put the family stand in level 2. They are the most expensive seats out of a proposed 3 tiered stand. Just like they are in the South Stand.

The whole point of increasing capacity, as well as improving the atmosphere, which is more important, is creating a proper home end for City fans. Making the North Stand a 3 tiered stand like the South Stand won't achieve that bar increasing the capacity. The only feasible options are creating a single tier stand or an enlarged double tiered stand with rail seating on level 1, and a good mixture of young and old fans on level 2 who will join in with the singing on level 1 below. Forget about a 3 tiered North Stand. It won't work or improve the atmosphere at the Etihad.

Back to the single tier discussion in a bit.
Even if they gave us an end, the Tits Out Jackie accolytes and wannabe weirdos in SS1, who spend the whole game giving wanker signs to the away fans, won’t move anyway. That seems to be their thing
Always found it profoundly weird that you would shell out on a season ticket to watch the best team on the planet but still rather instead spend the whole time you are there telling families from Burnley and Watford that their town may not have as many lifestyle options as ours.
Ah well. City is a broad church. All human life is here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.