Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Ferran, if you’re reading this thread, can we have a bit more info on the North Stand expansion you said was still going ahead during your interview in Iceland. We’ve been waiting years for a in-depth update.

If you didn’t already know, the vast majority of City fans would like a large single tiered home end/North Stand. If that isn’t possible for whatever reason, a large double tiered home end/North stand would be City fans 2nd choice. TBH there isn’t much support for another 3 tired stand like the South Stand.

Thanks.
Genuine question. How do you know the majority of City fans want this? I would have thought the most vocal City fans would want to be adjacent to the away fans.

I must be the minority as I like the symmetrical look!

I would prefer 3 tiers to one, I'm not sure of any benefit of having it all one tier, it actually makes the fans further away from the pitch and would mean losing the exec boxes.

The goal will be to have all the 2nd tier premium when there is enough demand, they won't build a new stand to lose money.

Think I’m too mentally scarred from seeing the artists impression of the new Platt Lane / Umbro Stand for the first time to favour a single tier North Stand.

Arguably the height of Swales’ mediocrity.
You missed the idea of bolting seats to the old kippax as opposed to a new stand. Even though looking back building a new stand for 8 years full use wasn't the greatest outcome.

I would prefer 3 tiers to one, I'm not sure of any benefit of having it all one tier, it actually makes the fans further away from the pitch and would mean losing the exec boxes.

The goal will be to have all the 2nd tier premium when there is enough demand, they won't build a new stand to lose money.
Spurs one tier doesn't work not the unbelievable atmosphere they wanted !

Think I’m too mentally scarred from seeing the artists impression of the new Platt Lane / Umbro Stand for the first time to favour a single tier North Stand.

Arguably the height of Swales’ mediocrity.
Was originally meant to be a two tier stand that the govern ment were paying a percentage towards all seated stadiums as usual Swales saw the opportunity to save money and turned into the monstrosity it was!

Roughly zero chance of a single tiered extension imo.

Have to do away with the corporate that’s there. They will want to add more if anything.

Also just don’t see them moving the family stand at all, too much fucking around last time.

Path of least resistance is adding a 3rd tier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.