Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Was at the stadium for the tour yesterday so got some staff gossip. They said City square and perhaps the shop will go and be incorporated with the new North Stand which may be linked to the arena to make an indoor food and drinks set-up. That was in addition to the arena foyer. This will happen in stages over a few years. Just gossip but from two different people. The tour was superb.
Hope the shop goes, far too small for purpose now

Last edited:
from the original plans for the north stand expansion I can't see any room for a shop - certainly not one of even the same size as we have now

It’s been stated that the Atrium will be available to City fans on match day.

The Atrium has a 4000 capacity so would be a great pre match venue. This could help if City Square is closed during Nortj Stand development.

Will be interesting to see what the future plans are for City Square. In my opinion they should knock it down - incorporate the shop in the new Northstand and use the Arena facility

What would we use when there’s a simultaneous event on at the Arena?

from the original plans for the north stand expansion I can't see any room for a shop - certainly not one of even the same size as we have now

There’s a huge amount of space between tiers 2 and 3 in the South Stand used for 93:20, Legends Lounge and Ardwick.

I doubt we’d want corporate of that level or capacity in the north stand extension so the space could be for a club shop and indoor social club perhaps.

How times have changed from the corner shop we had at Maine Road. Four or five punters and it was crowded

93-F19-CDB-504-E-49-C2-BEB2-2-CC1121-A65-E2.jpg

DC81-C413-E894-4637-AD56-5-ABEA8-A7-F746.jpg

At the start of the video, then it goes to Bernard Halford, and then it goes into the banana craze.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.