Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I’ve been informed the club have just given some money to an internal part of the club to conduct a feasibility study regarding expanding the stand
Any variance to the existing planning approval would require another planning application. This would include incorporating a new hotel and possibly even a 2 tier stand (if capacity was increased). This would mean the club commissioning new surveys, reports, drawings etc. Quite a lot of work which would be costly - a £1M budget maybe for this. If a new application is made then we would all be aware of the clubs proposals in advance of any development works. Singles or doubles BTW :)

Any variance to the existing planning approval would require another planning application. This would include incorporating a new hotel and possibly even a 2 tier stand (if capacity was increased). This would mean the club commissioning new surveys, reports, drawings etc. Quite a lot of work which would be costly - a £1M budget maybe for this. If a new application is made then we would all be aware of the clubs proposals in advance of any development works. Singles or doubles BTW :)

It‘s a personal opinion but, I’d anticipate that the North Stand will pretty much replicate the South Stand structurally…. It makes no sense to design something different and I hear all the views re single tier stands etc… but after years of looking at the mess Maine Road became - I think keeping the Etihad uniform really works. At the back of the N Stand I’ve no doubt, a store, a hotel and City square will all be incorporated, but those can be done as add onto the original South Stand design.

Are the previous planning permissions not expired.

Are the previous planning permissions not expired.
No. Because the South Stand has been developed this means that that particular approval has been implemented and the rest of the development can proceed in a timescale to suit the club. However any variances to the approved drawings will probably require another planning application. Certainly a significant variance would and even modest changes would require either a Section 73 or Non Material Amendment application. The point being that if the club decides to do anything different then we would all be aware of the proposals in advance as the applications would be in the public domain. It would be nice to see some movement on this in the short to medium term.

It‘s a personal opinion but, I’d anticipate that the North Stand will pretty much replicate the South Stand structurally…. It makes no sense to design something different and I hear all the views re single tier stands etc… but after years of looking at the mess Maine Road became - I think keeping the Etihad uniform really works. At the back of the N Stand I’ve no doubt, a store, a hotel and City square will all be incorporated, but those can be done as add onto the original South Stand design.
I have not looked at the approved drawings in a long time but my recollection of the North Stand design is that the footprint of the stand is quite large - I think it may take up all of City Square extending almost up to the club shop - which would mean the club shop possibly being relocated into the stand. Such a large extension would likely require infrastructure upgrades and any underground services diverting. I seem to recall a poster on here mentioning that they were potentially looking at electrical infrastructure upgrade works later on in the year. Again it would not be unusual for these types of capacity upgrades to be undertaken in advance of the main contract works.

I appreciate this is off topic, but it’s 2am, I’m on the 2nd week of my 2 week holiday, and I’ve been scooping since 5pm, watching footy and reading BM. :-)

Some of you will know what Greengate looks like now. Still a work in progress. Towers going up, great public realm, landscaping, etc coming forward.

This is what Greengate used to look like. Ghost Car Park City. Note the temporary lake, far right, which is no longer there.

A4-BFA9-CB-60-E5-4761-9-A4-A-0653553-C9-BCA.jpg

Back to topic.

Coop Live - Instagram

A coupe of weeks old, but still relevant.

Click to enlarge.
Many years ago I lived in one of those block of flats for a brief period. It was a bit of a wasteland back then - and it's great to see the area is rapidly evolving into quite a nice urban neighbourhood now.

1M you say, f#ck that, if scousers can claim 50M for digging a hole and planting a tree in Stanley Park.....

£1m budget your having a laugh, the scousers cost £50m.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.