Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Probably more so than most cities/areas outside of London but christ knows mate.
It's such a busy, vibrant city these days. Amazed how much Ancoats and New Islington has developed (was down at the Marina a couple of weekends ago).
The city isn't even close to meeting and matching demand for flats, driving prices up quite steeply in the centre, which seems mad to me how quickly they're throwing those big builds up around the edges of the city centre.

The city isn't even close to meeting and matching demand for flats, driving prices up quite steeply in the centre, which seems mad to me how quickly they're throwing those big builds up around the edges of the city centre.
Yes.
My landlord is starting to make moves on pushing my rent up (new contract missives pinged my way).
A tiny arsed one bed flat in South Manchester (which I only took as it was near my kids when I separated....then the ex upped sticks).
Roasting in the summer and utterly freezing in the winter but wish me luck finding somewhere soon. The neighbour in the flat next door looked into it recently and it was a real struggle to find anywhere.
A flat in the city (for a year) takes my fancy if I'm honest, but I'd be a fair distance from my kids.

I remember when the 'NQ' was effectively the Dry Bar, Afflecks and Eastern Bloc Records.
If you go there now (and my work office is in the NQ) it's absolutely teeming with people.

Yes.
My landlord is starting to make moves on pushing my rent up (new contract missives pinged my way).
A tiny arsed one bed flat in South Manchester (which I only took as it was near my kids when I separated....then the ex upped sticks).
Roasting in the summer and utterly freezing in the winter but wish me luck finding somewhere soon. The neighbour in the flat next door looked into it recently and it was a real struggle to find anywhere.
A flat in the city (for a year) takes my fancy if I'm honest, but I'd be a fair distance from my kids.

I remember when the 'NQ' was effectively the Dry Bar, Afflecks and Eastern Bloc Records.
If you go there now (and my work office is in the NQ) it's absolutely teeming with people.
I know it’s not really the subject of your post, but those 3 names don’t half take me back.
Feel like I spent half my youth bobbing between those 3 locations ;-)

I appreciate this is off topic, but it’s 2am, I’m on the 2nd week of my 2 week holiday, and I’ve been scooping since 5pm, watching footy and reading BM. :-)

Some of you will know what Greengate looks like now. Still a work in progress. Towers going up, great public realm, landscaping, etc coming forward.

This is what Greengate used to look like. Ghost Car Park City. Note the temporary lake, far right, which is no longer there.

A4-BFA9-CB-60-E5-4761-9-A4-A-0653553-C9-BCA.jpg

Back to topic.

Coop Live - Instagram

A coupe of weeks old, but still relevant.

Click to enlarge.

2-F641-C43-5-CC0-43-A3-9449-8-F1-A87-FAB857.jpg

8-D82-CE56-2794-4-DB3-908-A-8-FBA09-BFBBAF.jpg

218-D9714-3-E85-4-E91-B2-DA-DF186-DC64342.jpg

I think it was Ian Simpson who said something along the lines of "for a City to grow planners need to expand the boundaries of the the city centre".

I think it was Ian Simpson who said something along the lines of "for a City to grow planners need to expand the boundaries of the the city centre".
Funny isn't it. Since the pandemic has been over I've spent more time in Ancoats, Salford, Redbank, and Picadilly than I have in what I still consider "the centre". When I first arrived in Manchester you wouldn't have been going to those places unless you were looking for drugs or prostitutes (or, once in a while, an illegal rave).

Yes.

I'm south manchester aswell. becoming a joke.

Yes.

I'm south manchester aswell. becoming a joke.
Manchester is the highest inflation on renting in the country, some have it at 23%. And yeah south Manchester is the highest in Manchester. (I own in Levy having moved from the centre about five years ago, just about the best decision I could have made).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.