Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

No. Because the South Stand has been developed this means that that particular approval has been implemented and the rest of the development can proceed in a timescale to suit the club. However any variances to the approved drawings will probably require another planning application. Certainly a significant variance would and even modest changes would require either a Section 73 or Non Material Amendment application. The point being that if the club decides to do anything different then we would all be aware of the proposals in advance as the applications would be in the public domain. It would be nice to see some movement on this in the short to medium term.
Great answer, i had assumed it was done as separate approvals.

I have not looked at the approved drawings in a long time but my recollection of the North Stand design is that the footprint of the stand is quite large - I think it may take up all of City Square extending almost up to the club shop - which would mean the club shop possibly being relocated into the stand. Such a large extension would likely require infrastructure upgrades and any underground services diverting. I seem to recall a poster on here mentioning that they were potentially looking at electrical infrastructure upgrade works later on in the year. Again it would not be unusual for these types of capacity upgrades to be undertaken in advance of the main contract works.
I first mentioned the electrical upgrades on here about 15 months ago when they were out for tender. Recently another poster had mentioned a november start, which would tie in with the extension commencing in early 2024. If thats the case I'm guessing the plans will be known soon.

£1m budget your having a laugh, the scousers cost £50m.
Hi mate - sorry if I was not clear. The £1M budget I was referring to was simply to cover the cost of submitting an application to vary the existing planning approval. Cost of professional fees, consultations, reports, drawings etc and the application fee itself. Not for any physical construction works. I have no idea about Liverpool's £50M cost but it seems an awful lot of money for professional fees involved in a planning application though.

I first mentioned the electrical upgrades on here about 15 months ago when they were out for tender. Recently another poster had mentioned a november start, which would tie in with the extension commencing in early 2024. If thats the case I'm guessing the plans will be known soon.
For a development the size of the North stand expansion I would estimate that planning works (including commissioning reports, drawings etc for use lodging a new application) would start a couple of years before the works to the stand itself. The planning approval process is not particularly dynamic and once you actually have a planning approval there may be precedent conditions that require discharging before you can commence the actual construction works. It all takes time unfortunately. Any infrastructure and/or enabling works could run in parallel with the planning application provided these works do not need planning approval themselves.

It‘s a personal opinion but, I’d anticipate that the North Stand will pretty much replicate the South Stand structurally…. It makes no sense to design something different and I hear all the views re single tier stands etc… but after years of looking at the mess Maine Road became - I think keeping the Etihad uniform really works. At the back of the N Stand I’ve no doubt, a store, a hotel and City square will all be incorporated, but those can be done as add onto the original South Stand design.
AS long as there is some of of the hospitality stuff under cover. I'm always gobsmacked they haven't done something on a smaller scale by now.

When I lived round there, there was a dodgy corner shop and the (rather excellent but out of the way, if any of you haven't been) Eagle Inn, and that was about it!
That's the nearest pub to the White Hotel now, one of the cooler gig venues in the city, so I've been a few times. They recently started doing excellent looking Ethiopian food, if you wanted a sign of how the area is changing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.