Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I'm having to rebuild after a separation so have been renting for two years but I think I'm going to look into buying again this year. May have to be a small flat but I need to stay relatively close to the kids and friends I have around these parts (in which I've lived for one 25 years).
Fancy a new project anyway and struggle not being able to put my stamp on things when renting.

Manchester is the highest inflation on renting in the country, some have it at 23%. And yeah south Manchester is the highest in Manchester. (I own in Levy having moved from the centre about five years ago, just about the best decision I could have made).

I know, im renting at present and its £625 for a small 2 bed flat. Its at least 300 more for a bigger flat.

My brother keen to be a homeowner is having to move to atherton with his partner

I'm having to rebuild after a separation so have been renting for two years but I think I'm going to look into buying again this year. May have to be a small flat but I need to stay relatively close to the kids and friends I have around these parts (in which I've lived for one 25 years).
Fancy a new project anyway and struggle not being able to put my stamp on things when renting.

If I was you I’d wait. All the signs point to a recession and dropping house prices medium to long term. If you buy now or this year, you’ll be buying at peak prices. I did that before the last recession and got burnt. The value of my previous house eventually dropped by £30K. I eventually made that back and more and sold up. It’s all about timing, watching the market, and luck. London will go first, and then it will spread to the regions. Good luck.

I don’t know your financial situation but try and find a rundown house or something with potential get a mortgage and do it up yourself mate, get family n friends to help you better than buying a flat in the centre imho.

I don’t know your financial situation but try and find a rundown house or something with potential get a mortgage and do it up yourself mate, get family n friends to help you better than buying a flat in the centre imho.
Yeah, I actually did a big refurb on the old family home (which she eventually sold and moved on).
I did the electrics (full rewire), fancy lighting, carpentry (I watched too many Grand Designs). I'd take washing machines apart when they broke and fixed them up etc.

I have a good mate who does stuff like this and would help (I'd pay and we'd work together) and has thousands and thousands of pounds of tools (it's what he does for a living).
That's def the plan.
This flat has served me well in the end (and the fact it's in a busy area helped with those early days of loneliness) but I have no space outside - no balcony....just a window to stare out of!

Even rundown houses aren’t cheap anymore. At house auctions everyone has become Nick Knowles or wants to be a property developer thinking they’re going to make an instant killing via a couple of tins of paint.

And to think, before the Commonwealth games in 2002, you could buy a house in East Manchester for a £1.

Yeah, I actually did a big refurb on the old family home (which she eventually sold and moved on).
I did the electrics (full rewire), fancy lighting, carpentry (I watched too many Grand Designs). I'd take washing machines apart when they broke and fixed them up etc.

I have a good mate who does stuff like this and would help (I'd pay and we'd work together) and has thousands and thousands of pounds of tools (it's what he does for a living).
That's def the plan.
This flat has served me well in the end (and the fact it's in a busy area helped with those early days of loneliness) but I have no space outside - no balcony....just a window to stare out of!
Well there you go, you have experience in doing this and you have a mate that does it for a living, just go out there looking at properties that are rundown with potential and hopefully you can get it at a competitive price, and you can put your stamp on it, plus most houses have gardens great for when you see your kids, I can tell your going to do this, good luck @somapop you’ll get there.

Well there you go, you have experience in doing this and you have a mate that does it for a living, just go out there looking at properties that are rundown with potential and hopefully you can get it at a competitive price, and you can put your stamp on it, plus most houses have gardens great for when you see your kids, I can tell your going to do this, good luck @somapop you’ll get there.
Thanks mate.
Yeah, a mix of creativity and drive helps I guess.
Trouble is I found a new career just over 18 months ago and there's so much to learn in this that my downtimes is even more important.
Life's too short so it's a balance of having a little fun in the now and creating a better future.

Funny isn't it. Since the pandemic has been over I've spent more time in Ancoats, Salford, Redbank, and Picadilly than I have in what I still consider "the centre". When I first arrived in Manchester you wouldn't have been going to those places unless you were looking for drugs or prostitutes (or, once in a while, an illegal rave).
Some good bars and restaurants in Ancoats these days, it was like that when I was growing up, not drunk on Redbank for years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.