Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Well if someone on facebook said it....

If its 62k then it will be 4th highest, but 63k would currently take 2nd position so the devil is in the detail.

I just don't think its necessary at this point. It just feels like dick swinging. Prime example being the biggest ground in the league will soon be the worst when Everton move to their new one.

The transport issues need to be addressed before any expansion is considered. The tram is not fit for purpose already, but they're gonna close it for a few years anyway for HS2.

Can see certain lines of the metrolink shut down before HS2 work.

Numbers are at its lowest and they are crying for money

Hopefully they go with the idea of 2nd and 3rd tiers merging into 1.

Plus incorporate city square and the shop into an entertainment section at the back

I suspect they'll mirror the South stand layout and a hotel built into the stand looks likely at the back.

I suspect they'll mirror the South stand layout and a hotel built into the stand looks likely at the back.
If it is a mirrored design then there is absolutely no space for a hotel. Having had season tickets in both areas, I can vouch that SS2 and SS3 are overcrowded in the relatively tight concourses pre-kickoff, at half time, and at full time.

Reactions: moh
As has been said...someone is sticking their head in the sand, big time. It's the same with the Coop Live, how are they going to get people/fans in and out with no transport infrastructure?
I used the Blue car park for the first time last night and it was a joke trying to get out after the game. Stewards were taking off their vizi vests finishing their shift and getting in their own cars while we were still stuck queuing.

I spent longer in that queue than watching the second half of the game.

If it is a mirrored design then there is absolutely no space for a hotel. Having had season tickets in both areas, I can vouch that SS2 and SS3 are overcrowded in the relatively tight concourses pre-kickoff, at half time, and at full time.
I should have said attached to the back of the stand rather than built in.

The 3-3 draw with United in 1971 was the biggest crowd I was in at Maine Road.
It was the year when there was no seating in The North Stand,so capacity was alot higher than later in the 1970s.
I think the attendance that day was over 63,000 .
Might be wrong here but I’m sure our capacity then was 65000. But that was before the scoreboard end was turned into a cantilever stand.

If we do go with the 3 tier design & incorporate a hotel, I can see level 2 going entirely corporate with a direct pitch view from a substantial amount of the hotel rooms, there’d be no point doing say 20-30, that’s been done by others, there’d probably be a large restaurant/restaurants spanning most of the length of the stand as well with pitch view

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.