Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

City haven't announced any expansion plans.

Who is Domanic Hogan.(at the Daily United?)

It's a dreadful article.

Manchester City have announced plans to expand the Etihad Stadium's capacity to hold around 60,000 spectators.

Noel O'Brien - Twitter

Don't know the structure of it as we only do the pipes He only told us yesterday he's been asked to look at it.

I’m hoping for a merged second and third tier. If it mirrors the south stand it will be a wasted opportunity to finally have a proper home end. We’ll have a ground completely dominated by corporate sections

They need to sort transport out aswell. It’s already not built for this amount of people

If we do go with the 3 tier design & incorporate a hotel, I can see level 2 going entirely corporate with a direct pitch view from a substantial amount of the hotel rooms, there’d be no point doing say 20-30, that’s been done by others, there’d probably be a large restaurant/restaurants spanning most of the length of the stand as well with pitch view

That sounds awful and it would mean the first and third tiers being completely separated and thousands of fans forced out of the second tier.

That sounds awful and it would mean the first and third tiers being completely separated and thousands of fans forced out of the second tier.
Doesn’t it just! The gentrification of the stadium is ongoing, every year there is huge growth in this area, and I don’t see that changing when they can add even more with a NS extension, the idea may seem preposterous but they can leverage it with safe standing on L1 & cheap seats on L3

Doesn’t it just! The gentrification of the stadium is ongoing, every year there is huge growth in this area, and I don’t see that changing when they can add even more with a NS extension, the idea may seem preposterous but they can leverage it with safe standing on L1 & cheap seats on L3
Are you just quessing

Are you just quessing
Absolutely….but there’s more chance of that happening than a single tiered stand, who knows? Maybe they go for a large second tier extension then renovate L1 for corporate, either way there’s gonna be a large consideration for corporate areas, the bigger question is will it be the Sergio Aguero Stand or the Vincent Kompany

The Mail article is a pile of shit. First of all our capacity is now about 54,000 since it was reduced for those double advertising boards, second, Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham already have stadiums that hold over 60,000 so where is this third biggest crap coming from if we only add 5,000 seats? Third, it mentions West Ham gaining extra income from other events like pop concerts, West Ham are tenants for football games only, they don’t own the stadium hence can’t gain additional income. Anyway I couldn’t give a shit, the club will look to maximise profit, sweat the assets etc btw who the fuck is that dick doing the WWF shouting when we score? It’s fucking embarrassing.

If it is a mirrored design then there is absolutely no space for a hotel. Having had season tickets in both areas, I can vouch that SS2 and SS3 are overcrowded in the relatively tight concourses pre-kickoff, at half time, and at full time.

Not sure the hotel would be based on the concourse lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.