Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The Mail article is a pile of shit. First of all our capacity is now about 54,000 since it was reduced for those double advertising boards, second, Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham already have stadiums that hold over 60,000 so where is this third biggest crap coming from if we only add 5,000 seats? Third, it mentions West Ham gaining extra income from other events like pop concerts, West Ham are tenants for football games only, they don’t own the stadium hence can’t gain additional income. Anyway I couldn’t give a shit, the club will look to maximise profit, sweat the assets etc btw who the fuck is that dick doing the WWF shouting when we score? It’s fucking embarrassing.
Our capacity is 53,400 (last season) according to the official website. I believe another 250 seats have been added since.5EA31725-A8C6-4E13-9D7C-0A75608962C3.jpeg

Would make a great railway station for the circular loop line linking Piccadilly, Victoria and Oxford Road if ever the Ardwick Curve viaduct was restored. Now possible given the Ordsall Chord. Would solve so many of transport issues to the stadium and new arena is that loop was reinstated. Some new points, under 1km of line needed, and the existing viaduct refurbed that's all.
Agree completely but in this country decision-making about infrastructure developments can be interminable, let alone actually building the fucking things.

Would make a great railway station for the circular loop line linking Piccadilly, Victoria and Oxford Road if ever the Ardwick Curve viaduct was restored. Now possible given the Ordsall Chord. Would solve so many of transport issues to the stadium and new arena is that loop was reinstated. Some new points, under 1km of line needed, and the existing viaduct refurbed that's all.
Without it going to ashburys and turning back, then the bit you are talking about using would need a new bridge built for a missing section at either end, and reinstating sections which haven't been used for decades. Difficult to know but I suspect it might take more than just putting some new track down. The bridge required to rejoin it at Ashton Old Road in particular would be massive and go through Private Property and or parkland.

I dont think there is any prospect of it happening.

Without it going to ashburys and turning back, then the bit you are talking about using would need a new bridge built for a missing section at either end, and reinstating sections which haven't been used for decades. Difficult to know but I suspect it might take more than just putting some new track down. The bridge required to rejoin it at Ashton Old Road in particular would be massive and go through Private Property and or parkland.

I dont think there is any prospect of it happening.
I thought the track was down at Ashburys ? But I could be wrong. I don't doubt it would be a major undertaking and I have simplified what's required. ;-)
But it's exactly the kind of infrastructure project that happens in London but not in Manchester sadly.

View attachment 55904

This is the Ardwick Curve, it links the Piccadilly lines to the existing railway line that runs just to the west of the old Merc garage.

Ardwick Loop.jpg

Orange section of line would need to be restored, and not sure the state it will be in after a few decades of no maintenance, but the red bits where there would need to be new bridges and track built are the bits which will make it prohibitively expensive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.