Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

yep, the period of standard and football from the pep era should have seen the north stand done well before now and like you say the likes of Pep, KDB, Gundogan, Laporte could or will be gone? Plus even Haaland if its in 3 years may have gone if the release clauses get activated?

We had great players before and replaced them with arguably even better ones. We can do the same again. Pep is a big factor in attracting players but the increased crowds this season are from Haaland signing. A big name makes a big difference in attracting fans to the ground. We've seen with Gomez that there are younger players out there now who only know City as being a good side. Real and Barca might be the most attractive but we'll be a club that kids will only remember as successful and that helps attract top talent beyond Pep's time here.

Regarding the Coldplay concert, the South Stand was started in April 2014 and we still had concerts that summer, it was in 2015 we didn't prior to it opening for the 15/16 season iirc. So we could still start works despite the proposed Coldplay concert.

It's likely to be a much more complex build but timings are anyone's guess. Hopefully Pep sticks around for a few more years yet to help fill it. If not, they'll just have to lower those prices! Do the reverse of this Tory government and increase hospitality prices to balance cheaper general seating.

The only time we’ve ever been moved on by a steward after a game was Villa last game of last season, my eldest insists on not going til we’ve clapped the last player off and Ilkay was on the pitch for ages, we were literally the last people in the family stand tier 2. I think people leave early because they obviously have very important lives
What I meant was I think it suits them the way the ground empties as it is. I can see both sides of the argument though as I always stay behind until the players start to leave the pitch but I've also previously got caught in the car park after a game by doing that and taken an hour to move ten yards.

I see it differently. It’s hard to get tickets for away games but it’s easy enough at home, even easier these days as most teams return loads. If people are that keen to see and respect Pep and the team why is the ground half empty on the final whistle, and by the time the last player comes off there’s barely 5k in the stadium. Personally I’m an FOC and I can’t get enough of it, not sure there’s that many been missing out. Just a different view pal. By the way Haaland looked like he was loving it after the Dortmund game, walked right up to 3 sides of the ground smiling and applauding the fans, but I doubt there were even 5k in the ground by that time.

Yeah I think he’s fallen in love with us even further hasn’t he! Lol . Pep as well seems happy but it’s still early doors thIs season, still no better place in the world to be for him though and I’m sure he knows it.

There are 4 x Coldplay converts already booked in for Summer 2023 so there is absolutely no chance building work is starting in 2023. Maybe Summer 2024.

The saddest part of this is that Pep Haaland De Bruyne will probably all be gone by the time any new stand is finished.

As mentioned earlier in this thread - this should have been done at the same time as the South Stand.

Building work has nothing to do with it. Several concerts were on when the South Stand began construction. The only time they can’t have concerts is when the stand is close to completion and they need access to the pitch to pull down the old roof and further join things up.

The reason it likely won’t start in 2023 is simply due to the arena being under construction. They’ll then likely begin in early 2024.

Also, things move on. I remember people saying it would be a shame if Aguero and Silva aren’t here when the stadium is completed. There will be new heroes and favourites to cheer.

yep, the period of standard and football from the pep era should have seen the north stand done well before now and like you say the likes of Pep, KDB, Gundogan, Laporte could or will be gone? Plus even Haaland if its in 3 years may have gone if the release clauses get activated?
You mean the release clause that get's activated if we're out of the CL for 2 seasons running?

Building work has nothing to do with it. Several concerts were on when the South Stand began construction. The only time they can’t have concerts is when the stand is close to completion and they need access to the pitch to pull down the old roof and further join things up.

The reason it likely won’t start in 2023 is simply due to the arena being under construction. They’ll then likely begin in early 2024.

Also, things move on. I remember people saying it would be a shame if Aguero and Silva aren’t here when the stadium is completed. There will be new heroes and favourites to cheer.

Foden's grandchildren if they don't pull their finger out.

Probably didn’t affect the South stand as the stage is the opposite side and access for all concert equipment is from the North stand, but obviously this time it will be.

Probably didn’t affect the South stand as the stage is the opposite side and access for all concert equipment is from the North stand, but obviously this time it will be.
Yeah the concerts use the big access tunnel between the north stand and Colin Bell, one of the reasons why stage crews etc like it as a venue

There are 4 x Coldplay converts already booked in for Summer 2023 so there is absolutely no chance building work is starting in 2023. Maybe Summer 2024.

The saddest part of this is that Pep Haaland De Bruyne will probably all be gone by the time any new stand is finished.

As mentioned earlier in this thread - this should have been done at the same time as the South Stand.
How did you convert 4 people to Coldplay ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.