Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

What I meant was I think it suits them the way the ground empties as it is. I can see both sides of the argument though as I always stay behind until the players start to leave the pitch but I've also previously got caught in the car park after a game by doing that and taken an hour to move ten yards.
We get ushered out in the south stand when they're still showing the highlights on the screens

Went to Munich for a few days for Oktoberfest.

Went to the Olympic Stadium/Park to have a look around.

Fantastic stadium, arenas, and park, which is very well maintained.

Next to the stadium is the Olympic viewing tower.

I decided not to go up the viewing tower (which I'll do the next time I go to Munich) as I went up the hill instead, which is the highest natural viewing point above Munich and affords great views of the city.

Looking at the viewing tower, it got me thinking that a viewing tower/platform would be a good addition to the Etihad Campus.(maybe?)

The views of the Etihad Stadium, the CFA, the city centre, it's skyline, and views across Gtr Manchester (weather permitting) would make a really good tourist attraction.

Whether a viewing tower/platform would be an expensive folly or actually be used by enough people to justify the cost of building it, and it makes money, is anyone's guess.

PXL-20220921-102234208-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20220921-102410683-PANO-2.jpg

PXL-20220921-102954939-PANO-2.jpg

PXL-20220921-102456856-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20220921-113619103-MP-2.jpg

I went up the viewing tower a few years ago and the views over the Olympic Campus are sensational. Got lucky on a sunny day. It's interesting walking around the old Olympic Village too. Just a walk away for petrolheads is the BMW Museum

IMG_0192.JPG
IMG_0161.JPG

City Council still planning to extend residential parking zones to every day, not just "event days", including industrial areas, so that would take out a lot of street parking near the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.