Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Probably didn’t affect the South stand as the stage is the opposite side and access for all concert equipment is from the North stand, but obviously this time it will be.

I don’t see why the access tunnel will be impacted. The club will be using it every single match day after all.

2 screen grabs from the video. Stick with the video.

Some good shots of the Manchester skyline and developments taking place around the East side of the city centre before the Etihad Stadium and Coop Live Arena shots. Don’t forget HS2 will arrive and completely change this part of the city centre in the future.

1-E2-FECA0-741-E-44-A9-95-DA-856-CCECC1810.jpg

B5-C5217-D-9-B68-4868-BB1-A-49-CEE6943-DA4.jpg

Build costs have spiralled in the past 6 months. I work in housebuilding and a site we'd bid on in March but came 2nd on has come back to the table and our offer is now now around £5m less (c20% reduction) to cover off the increase in build costs and general nervousness around that upward trend and supply issues. We don't use steel either but I know from a railway bridge project I was working on there are major shortages due to Ukraine/Russia and it's only going to go one way. It might be something the club park until costs reduce. Am I right in thinking these costs now come out of the FFP pot?
In the new financial regs infrastructure development can be excluded maybe the club are taking this into account, get it done before they come into effect?

Last edited:
In the new financial regs infrastructure development can be excluded maybe the club are taking this into account, get it do before they come into effect?
Get it done before it can be excluded don’t you mean wait till it can be excluded. Thought they where already excluded

The new regs are 70% of your Turnover can be spent on transfer fees, player wages and agents fees.

So if you’re turnover is £50m a year higher due to infrastructure development, in theory means you can spend more on fees and wages.

Went to Munich for a few days for Oktoberfest.

Went to the Olympic Stadium/Park to have a look around.

Fantastic stadium, arenas, and park, which is very well maintained.

Next to the stadium is the Olympic viewing tower.

I decided not to go up the viewing tower (which I'll do the next time I go to Munich) as I went up the hill instead, which is the highest natural viewing point above Munich and affords great views of the city.

Looking at the viewing tower, it got me thinking that a viewing tower/platform would be a good addition to the Etihad Campus.(maybe?)

The views of the Etihad Stadium, the CFA, the city centre, it's skyline, and views across Gtr Manchester (weather permitting) would make a really good tourist attraction.

Whether a viewing tower/platform would be an expensive folly or actually be used by enough people to justify the cost of building it, and it makes money, is anyone's guess.

PXL-20220921-102234208-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20220921-102410683-PANO-2.jpg

PXL-20220921-102954939-PANO-2.jpg

PXL-20220921-102456856-MP-2.jpg

PXL-20220921-113619103-MP-2.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.