Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Following up from my recent post about hearing that the enabling works are to start early next year. I’ve also been told that a Sky Bar will be incorporated on the top floor of the stand if the planning is accepted. Again I don’t know how much that is common knowledge within in the thread, just putting out there in good faith.

I'm not a resident but pre covid was through at the Hydro three or four times per year. I thought it was quite similar to Manchester - a long and not particularly pleasant walk into the centre. Nothing to do in the environs other than the venue itself. Where are you referring too that there is so much to do?
I've only been a couple of times but my memory of it is that there are already quite a few hotels, bars, restaurants all around that pacific quay area where the hydro is. If you stay at one of those hotels, there was enough to do to keep you occupied pre and post event.

Compare that to the etihad campus and realistically there is nothing to do at all at the moment other than watch a match.

Are Delaneys comments about infrastructure the realisation what is about to happen on the Campus. Maybe seeing the Arena rise up they now know there will be no stopping us.
The dwindling band of people in the media who hate City must be really desperate if they are now unhappy about inward investment which creates thousands of direct and indirect local jobs in Manchester because of their personal prejudices. Perhaps all clubs should adopt the totally unsustainable business model seen at United where there is no external investment and the whole operation is kept running because of a huge mountain of debt owed to US banks which is never paid back. Twats like Delaney (who works for a Saudi and Russian owned business) live in Fantasy Island.

3.8 acres for a pub? It would have at least 61 houses in that area, and more if flats involved, it seems far to big for any pub use or even a hotel as well.

The site is directly in front of the main gate/entrance so i cant see anything of significant "height" like a hotel being approved there as it would take the look of the surrounding area. Any hotels would be built into the ground or like the new Leonardo Hotel down Myrell street - 1 mile from the ground...

Following up from my recent post about hearing that the enabling works are to start early next year. I’ve also been told that a Sky Bar will be incorporated on the top floor of the stand if the planning is accepted. Again I don’t know how much that is common knowledge within in the thread, just putting out there in good faith.
A Sky Bar being what exactly? Can't say I've seen any mention of it on here.

A Sky Bar being what exactly? Can't say I've seen any mention of it on here.

No one on here knows exactly what’s going on so that might be why :)

Sky Bar could be a long exec box like structure hanging from the roof like at Spurs or it could just be a suit at the very back of the stand.

The latter could potentially add credit to suggestions this expansion will be an expanded 2nd tier since the bar will be at the top rather than in the middle.

Spurs Sky Bar:

7A3D89B4-3979-45BD-9B32-FDA508AE9F62.jpeg

No one on here knows exactly what’s going on so that might be why :)

Sky Bar could be a long exec box like structure hanging from the roof like at Spurs or it could just be a suit at the very back of the stand.

The latter could potentially add credit to suggestions this expansion will be an expanded 2nd tier since the bar will be at the top rather than in the middle.

Spurs Sky Bar:

View attachment 57483
Looking at that picture the punters would have to stand on their heads to see the goal area.

Probably been mentioned on here that the capacity once the north stand has been built would be 60,000. I’m wondering if it might be slightly more.

I've only been a couple of times but my memory of it is that there are already quite a few hotels, bars, restaurants all around that pacific quay area where the hydro is. If you stay at one of those hotels, there was enough to do to keep you occupied pre and post event.

Compare that to the etihad campus and realistically there is nothing to do at all at the moment other than watch a match.

Transport Museum and Kelvingrove, that's about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.