Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I was told a multi story on Blue car park, but my reaction was I couldn't think of anything worse. It takes far too long to get off now as a single story. They need to be more creative and think about park and ride than on site parking.
There’s spare land dotted around several areas. Park & Ride from Monsall near the Police HQ? There’s land opposite Vermillion. Gas cylinders are redundant.
I agree with you - a multi storey would be a nightmare with everyone wanting out at the same time.

A certain pub company/brewery wanted to buy this to develop not just for match and concert opening, but for local use too, they were told in no uncertain terms, no.
3.8 acres for a pub? It would have at least 61 houses in that area, and more if flats involved, it seems far to big for any pub use or even a hotel as well.

3.8 acres for a pub? It would have at least 61 houses in that area, and more if flats involved, it seems far to big for any pub use or even a hotel as well.
Descent sized hotel and parking would fill that without any issues.

Never seen anything near that big as part of a pub chain developement.
No. I’m talking Radisson or Holiday Inn size. Even Premier inn do some big hotels with a separate eatery and loads of car parking space. Wouldn’t make sense previously but when the arena opens…
The equivalent in Glasgow has 6 or 7 hotels all within walking distance of the Hydro. They are usually pretty full.

No. I’m talking Radisson or Holiday Inn size. Even Premier inn do some big hotels with a separate eatery and loads of car parking space. Wouldn’t make sense previously but when the arena opens…
The equivalent in Glasgow has 6 or 7 hotels all within walking distance of the Hydro. They are usually pretty full.
Thing is there is so much around the hydro area to do where as even with the new arena, unless they build a load of food, drink, pubs etc, people aren't going to want to stay around the ground as there is just nothing to do and its a fair trek into town.

Descent sized hotel and parking would fill that without any issues.

Agreed. Especially if say a Conference Centre was also attached and/or health club. Along with restaurants and bars. If the plan is for hundreds of events per year between football/music shows/events/exhibitions/cycling/tennis/etc, its going to need to be big!!

Plus maybe half hotel/half residential like the Hilton….

Thing is there is so much around the hydro area to do where as even with the new arena, unless they build a load of food, drink, pubs etc, people aren't going to want to stay around the ground as there is just nothing to do and its a fair trek into town.
I'm not a resident but pre covid was through at the Hydro three or four times per year. I thought it was quite similar to Manchester - a long and not particularly pleasant walk into the centre. Nothing to do in the environs other than the venue itself. Where are you referring too that there is so much to do?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.