Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

7,500 safe standing in proposed/new stand.
Still not great is it!

Never understood why they haven't put in a retractable or lifting section in the corner above the large access tunnel. Reckon it would hold 100 odd seats!

Thy have 1 at the Swamp and it lifts if they need to get large items onto the pitch, like Maguire for example:-)

Ok. When the Hydro was first built there were a small number of hotels. There are many more now as the Hydro has attracted them. You are correct that there are bars in the hotel but that’s about it. That area (Finnieston) could still do with a good few more bars and places to eat.
I am hopeful that a similar pattern will be followed for the Manchester arena and it will attract multiple hotels and other leisure venues to the area. And quickly.
It’s ironic that not far away, Bolton wanderers have far more leisure amenities within the stadium environs than we do.
Yeah they are lucky that middlebrook is right next door, but it gives match day goers plenty of places to eat and drink before the game. Hopefully with the building of the arena there is a real push from developers and it happens pretty fast. Also when you think of the residential development between the ground and Piccadilly, there is such a huge gap in that kind of thing.

Has that been confirmed/ where would the safe standing be?

I hope that’s right as it could mean a home end
Confirmed? I don’t know, Just little snippets that I’ve been told. I suppose we will have to wait and see

The Haaland phenomenon, the club need to speed up the north stand expansion.This may well become the greatest team we have had, I know that is a massive statement but the interest in city globally has risen so much recently, Erling may well become the next messi/Ronaldo effectively. Get the recruitment right, and win the champions league who knows what heights we can reach, the expansion for new supporters especially youngsters is a no brainier. Thanks to pep now , just hope he’s still here when it’s 60,000 sell outs regularly.CTID

Yeah they are lucky that middlebrook is right next door, but it gives match day goers plenty of places to eat and drink before the game. Hopefully with the building of the arena there is a real push from developers and it happens pretty fast. Also when you think of the residential development between the ground and Piccadilly, there is such a huge gap in that kind of thing.
Middlebrook is 15 minutes from me. I don't think the ground there is the main attraction as they only get 15,000 or so on once a week nowadays. The retail park is the main attraction and it's always mega busy on there so the restaurants sort of make more sense.

The Etihad obviously is full every week but I suppose the problem is what happens to these restaurants and bars during the week when we aren't playing? No-one is going to go out of town to the ground except when a games on so it will be empty most of the time. I suppose the new arena will change things a little.

I still think City Square could be improved and built up more, especially before the tram bridge so alongside the arena it's a bit like Wembley Way but with bars and restaurants instead of flats.

Middlebrook is 15 minutes from me. I don't think the ground there is the main attraction as they only get 15,000 or so on once a week nowadays. The retail park is the main attraction and it's always mega busy on there so the restaurants sort of make more sense.

The Etihad obviously is full every week but I suppose the problem is what happens to these restaurants and bars during the week when we aren't playing? No-one is going to go out of town to the ground except when a games on so it will be empty most of the time. I suppose the new arena will change things a little.

I still think City Square could be improved and built up more, especially before the tram bridge so alongside the arena it's a bit like Wembley Way but with bars and restaurants instead of flats.

The Arena should change things more than a little. They're looking at about 120 events a year initially so, like with our football schedule that's something every 3 days. There has to be a destination around the arena so people can head that way to eat/drink before/after events and it will suit arena goers and the football. Hotels/restaurants/bars will all form part of that. If you run a hotel/bar/restaurant chain then you'll be all over the Co-op Arena. 23,500 people in one area - if you can provide more local services you'll make a fortune. Much better for people than trekking in/out of the city centre. Those places will also serve football fans as well. Haaland is bringing in a new crowd and plenty of tourists will want to see him play and they'll prefer to be local as they'll have never been to Manchester before!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.