Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I've only been a couple of times but my memory of it is that there are already quite a few hotels, bars, restaurants all around that pacific quay area where the hydro is. If you stay at one of those hotels, there was enough to do to keep you occupied pre and post event.

Compare that to the etihad campus and realistically there is nothing to do at all at the moment other than watch a match.
Ok. When the Hydro was first built there were a small number of hotels. There are many more now as the Hydro has attracted them. You are correct that there are bars in the hotel but that’s about it. That area (Finnieston) could still do with a good few more bars and places to eat.
I am hopeful that a similar pattern will be followed for the Manchester arena and it will attract multiple hotels and other leisure venues to the area. And quickly.
It’s ironic that not far away, Bolton wanderers have far more leisure amenities within the stadium environs than we do.

Probably been mentioned on here that the capacity once the north stand has been built would be 60,000. I’m wondering if it might be slightly more.

7,500 safe standing in proposed/new stand.

Last edited:
Ok. When the Hydro was first built there were a small number of hotels. There are many more now as the Hydro has attracted them. You are correct that there are bars in the hotel but that’s about it. That area (Finnieston) could still do with a good few more bars and places to eat.
I am hopeful that a similar pattern will be followed for the Manchester arena and it will attract multiple hotels and other leisure venues to the area. And quickly.
It’s ironic that not far away, Bolton wanderers have far more leisure amenities within the stadium environs than we do.

The big difference with Bolton's ground is it's so bloody easy to get to from the Motorway where as whichever way you try to get to ours you end up sat in traffic for an hour

The big difference with Bolton's ground is it's so bloody easy to get to from the Motorway where as whichever way you try to get to ours you end up sat in traffic for an hour
Only cos it was built miles away from the Town, it's in Horwich

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.