Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

View attachment 57301

PDF.

That should be a street of pubs for fans there. You could get a hotel with a carvery, some sports bars, some traditional pubs and a car park on that site.

Ideal sort of thing with the new arena opening n’all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told a multi story on Blue car park, but my reaction was I couldn't think of anything worse. It takes far too long to get off now as a single story. They need to be more creative and think about park and ride than on site parking.
Park and Ride is the way.

All these restrictions around the local areas close to the stadium for parking will affect a lot of fans. We should definitely organise places for P&R to be brought in away from the vicinity of the stadium for this travelling in from further afield.

That would make a difference for the people trying to get out of the stadium car parks n’all as there’d be a lot less traffic to contest with.

That should be a street of pubs for fans there.
If it’s to let, and there was a business case for it I’m sure pubs and restaurants will look at it. Though with the arena to include bars, cafes and restaurants on the canal side,I’m not sure there will be a strong attraction for pubs on that site.

Park and Ride is the way.

All these restrictions around the local areas close to the stadium for parking will affect a lot of fans. We should definitely organise places for P&R to be brought in away from the vicinity of the stadium for this travelling in from further afield.

That would make a difference for the people trying to get out of the stadium car parks n’all as there’d be a lot less traffic to contest with.
Always thought Ashton moss would be an ideal park n ride location, already has lots of parking, plus bars n restaurants to complement the new ones to be opened at the etihad.
Plus there’s lots more space available to build extra car parks if needed.
Metro link goes through it too and the train track at side of the campus also travels past Ashton moss so wouldn’t be a huge undertaking to get a couple of stations at either end.
Ashton moss also links to the m60 both ways so is an ideal way of quickly getting away from the stadium area.
So, large car parking space with easy motorway access, potential for two transport links to the campus and additional food.n drink destinations to help spread the time frame to get away from ground after matches/gigs

As an area we need to look at what has worked elsewhere and copy it, the first port of call would be Wembley as they have done up the area and made it a destination. If you coming from outside Manchester you need somewhere to stay so hotels are needed as JRB said in this post use the gas containers for hotels instead of knocking them down. You need a box park and retail to attract people to the area as it needs to become a destination during the day. Look at Westgate in London also where West ham play where there is a massive shopping complex next to the stadium. There is plenty of old industrial land around the stadium which could be put to better use maybe moving the running track so that frees up more land. Better transport links use the canal to build multi-storey car parks for cars and buses so you use less space so freeing up space for other developments.

Build on the canal ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.