Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

FF9514-E1-94-B5-4-EC9-8-D83-3-A9478901-E46.jpg

The big difference with Bolton's ground is it's so bloody easy to get to from the Motorway where as whichever way you try to get to ours you end up sat in traffic for an hour
all them teams in the premier league and were the only ones with traffic issues

if you got something else planned dont go to the footall easy

all them teams in the premier league and were the only ones with traffic issues

if you got something else planned dont go to the footall easy

Well I go to plenty of away games over the season and our ground is one of if not the worst for traffic to be honest, as for the rest of it, you tell my kids and Mrs I need to dedicate the entire day to going to the match, easy isn't it!

As an area we need to look at what has worked elsewhere and copy it, the first port of call would be Wembley as they have done up the area and made it a destination. If you coming from outside Manchester you need somewhere to stay so hotels are needed as JRB said in this post use the gas containers for hotels instead of knocking them down. You need a box park and retail to attract people to the area as it needs to become a destination during the day. Look at Westgate in London also where West ham play where there is a massive shopping complex next to the stadium. There is plenty of old industrial land around the stadium which could be put to better use maybe moving the running track so that frees up more land. Better transport links use the canal to build multi-storey car parks for cars and buses so you use less space so freeing up space for other developments.

Last edited:
The Haaland phenomenon, the club need to speed up the north stand expansion.This may well become the greatest team we have had, I know that is a massive statement but the interest in city globally has risen so much recently, Erling may well become the next messi/Ronaldo effectively. Get the recruitment right, and win the champions league who knows what heights we can reach, the expansion for new supporters especially youngsters is a no brainier. Thanks to pep now , just hope he’s still here when it’s 60,000 sell outs regularly.CTID

I get what your saying, but we already have the fanbase to fill a 60,000 stadium. There’s thousands of local fans who have been priced out and have stopped going. Why not get them back in the ground?

Middlebrook is 15 minutes from me. I don't think the ground there is the main attraction as they only get 15,000 or so on once a week nowadays. The retail park is the main attraction and it's always mega busy on there so the restaurants sort of make more sense.

The Etihad obviously is full every week but I suppose the problem is what happens to these restaurants and bars during the week when we aren't playing? No-one is going to go out of town to the ground except when a games on so it will be empty most of the time. I suppose the new arena will change things a little.

I still think City Square could be improved and built up more, especially before the tram bridge so alongside the arena it's a bit like Wembley Way but with bars and restaurants instead of flats.
The arena will have a minimum of 4 events a week to start with, building up to 7 nights a week, a huge opportunity for hotels etc to build...and it will happen, absolute no brainer, literally printing money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.