Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

As we slide towards a recession - football in general will face challenges - people are going to have to cut back and attending games may become a luxury that cannot be sustained. In many ways the ordinary fan may be more impacted than corporates - where the decision making to dispose of a box etc may have a longer and more complex timeframe. Longer term, I think the PL is looking to model the NFL and have a range of innovative (or cringe worthy depending on your perspective) corporate offerings. Over the next 20 years corporate revenues will grow and grow and City are aware of it and this is where we will focus our innovation. The ordinary fans will always be important (I hope) but we have limited financial upside.

Ah ok, that’s where we will differ then bud. If it’s to the benefit of the club, even if it means pissing those off who have to move seats, I’m all for it x

How on earth can someone say that?

Put it this way, i've sat in our seats with my mum since August 2003, they're still the seats we were moved to by default from Maine Road. The seats we had had on the new Kippax from 1995 (ie the same view), which were seats in the same spot we used to stand on the old real Kippax until it was knocked down in 1994.

Some people are attached to their view, their life, their memories and their seat. For me that is more so as my mum is now 79 and frail and life is difficult, so those 30 to 40 years i've had with her watching city from the same view the same spot, it means something.

Now my seat isn't in danger i don't think. but i for one always have empathy when i read city have forced other fans out of their seats to create this that and the other.

I find your quote quite hard to stomach tbh! :(

Last edited:
1 of my mates and his dad who sat on the 2nd row pre lager LED advertising boards for years were moved further up the rows and were eventually priced out as they had no option but to buy more expensive seats that they couldn't afford. I have to take my mates word for that.
The second row was there for less than 5 seasons, it just went back to Row A being the front row like it was before 2015/16.

As we slide towards a recession - football in general will face challenges - people are going to have to cut back and attending games may become a luxury that cannot be sustained. In many ways the ordinary fan may be more impacted than corporates - where the decision making to dispose of a box etc may have a longer and more complex timeframe. Longer term, I think the PL is looking to model the NFL and have a range of innovative (or cringe worthy depending on your perspective) corporate offerings. Over the next 20 years corporate revenues will grow and grow and City are aware of it and this is where we will focus our innovation. The ordinary fans will always be important (I hope) but we have limited financial upside.
It is also worth pointng out that many parts of the world have rapidly growing economies so, as a global sport, football is well placed to cash in on this. Not everywhere is going down the pan like the UK. But you need crowds and a stadium atmosphere to sell football to overseas viewers so hopefully our matchgoing fans will not be abandoned.

Lex’s got an odd , or rather, quite a focussed set of posts since joining in Sept.
purely about the etihad stadium and surrounding area.

seems like someone’s almost fishing for info, or trying to direct a narrative
Yeah I am focused on us having the best stadium and surrounding area, the thread is called "

Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread"​

I am not bothered about some of the banter on here as I am only interested in the stadium and the surrounding area as it brings jobs and investment into the area and also would bring money into city as a club, giving City the 12th man is what is needed as city fans we all get shouted down for the emptyhad jokes but as a fanbase, you don't help yourself. Look at JRB he is spot on in his comments but gets shouted down, he is right with what he says about the new North Stand development, he was in Copenhagen but got shouted down for saying that we need to copy their fans with an ultra section in the stadium. As a club, you need to look at what other teams are doing where their stadium and their surrounding areas for their fans, the Americans are miles ahead of us regarding this. So that's why I post stuff about the NFL and MLS. If there is info about the site then it needs to be posted here as and fans we can discuss it in a nice way not calling people out

How on earth can someone say that?

Put it this way, i've sat in our seats with my mum since August 2003, they're still the seats we were moved to by default from Maine Road. The seats we had had on the new Kippax from 1995, which were seats in the same spot we used to stand on the old real Kippax until it was knocked down in 1994.

Some people are attached to their view, their life, their memories and their seat. For me that is more so as my mum is now 79 and frail and life is difficult, so those 30 to 40 years i've had with her watching city from the same view the same spot, it means something.

Now my seat isn't in danger i don't think. but i for one always have empathy when i read city have forced other fans out of their seats to create this that and the other.

I find your quote quite hard to stomach tbh! :(
Apologies, I hope I’ve not offended you

Unfortunately, progress often comes at a cost, so whilst I sympathise & can empathise with your own personal situation if you were forced to move, if it benefits the club as a whole, why wouldn’t I be all for it?

Change has happened over the past 10 years for the better & will continue to do so over the next 10 years, so I think we all best get used to it, regardless of how it may effect us as individuals bud :)

I think it does to an extent. Individual stands with their own identity, steep lower tiers, stands being close to the pitch, a low roof, and a proper home end behind the goal, etc. Everything the Etihad isn't. I appreciate new stadiums have evolved in to generic bowls. Easier and cheaper to build. Bar in Tottenham's case.
mmmmm.... Children playing in the park, jumpers for goalposts and a home made ball made of rags. Smashing...

Reactions: nmc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.