Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

While the extension to the South Stand was being built. I was in Mac d's a few years back, and he said that the extension to the North Stand was supposed to start 2/3 years after the south Stand was finished. It now looks like this is on the back burner.

With more clubs in the premier League now building extensions to their grounds and going over our capacity, it won't be long before they will over takes us in buying the top players. So I think that the club should look to increase the capacity of the North Stand as soon as possible.

I don’t think capacity has any bearing on which players we sign. Have a look at Stretford, Arsenal and West Ham for starters.

Could people watch the match instead of using WiFi?.. or am I being stupid again.

Football’s no different to the rest of society - a lot of people have turned into zombies wandering around staring at a phone screen walking into people while they look at what their beautiful friends are doing on Facebook. I’m sure this is just a phase and normality will be restored and we’ll start talking to each other and quit living in fantasyland! I.e. people will be able to order a drink or some food and eat it without taking a photo of it and posting on social media to tell all their friends!

Football’s no different to the rest of society - a lot of people have turned into zombies wandering around staring at a phone screen walking into people while they look at what their beautiful friends are doing on Facebook. I’m sure this is just a phase and normality will be restored and we’ll start talking to each other and quit living in fantasyland! I.e. people will be able to order a drink or some food and eat it without taking a photo of it and posting on social media to tell all their friends!

I agree 100% with you. However...
When the club have pretty much built the 'match day experience' (whatever that is or supposed to be) around social media its a little hard for the younger ones amongst us not to be on their phones during the whole of the match. The clubs marketing & promotion is virtually totally driven by social media these days.

I agree 100% with you. However...
When the club have pretty much built the 'match day experience' (whatever that is or supposed to be) around social media its a little hard for the younger ones amongst us not to be on their phones during the whole of the match. The clubs marketing & promotion is virtually totally driven by social media these days.

That’s mainly to help fans around the world and other Blues who just can’t make the game (for whatever reason)

It is not just me then.
last evening I went into the golf club. 7/8 young lads sat at one table. All with caps on (mostly the wrong way round) with face into a screen. No conversation at all. I decided to exit left shaking my head.
Oops drifted off topic.

Trams: whilst reading about Lyon on the OS, it mentioned an interesting snippet about transport there.
The stadium is new (2016), and it sounds like Lyon City has decent public transport system, including a tram line which has a station within 10mins walking distance to the stadium...
Except on match days... where a branch line takes trams to directly outside the stadium.
Would be nice to have some extra tracks/expanded station just for match days... sigh

Trams: whilst reading about Lyon on the OS, it mentioned an interesting snippet about transport there.
The stadium is new (2016), and it sounds like Lyon City has decent public transport system, including a tram line which has a station within 10mins walking distance to the stadium...
Except on match days... where a branch line takes trams to directly outside the stadium.
Would be nice to have some extra tracks/expanded station just for match days... sigh

Lyon like most French cities has a really good underground system. It’s pretty much the norm in Europe. In the U.K. we just build one in London and the rest of the Country can just use that one when they visit.

I hope they've made improvements compared to when I went during the Euros. It was fine going but then no one was allowed to use it going back after the game, so everyone had to pile into buses. The bus took you to the expo centre, where you had to get off and board another bus to the end of another metro line. Obviously this was a different metro line and wasnt the one I needed to be on to get back to the hotel so I had a change on that too. No exageration, it took over 2 hours to get back to my hotel near the main station. It was an absolute farce.

Lovely city and stadium though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.