Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Not quite, Glasgow, and Tyne/Wear also have limited undergrounds.

In the case of Glasgow the term limited is wholly appropriate. The Tyne and Wear Metro is great but the fact remains Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Leeds and Bristol should have proper underground systems on the basis that all their European equivalents do. We just don’t fund large scale projects outside the capital for some reason.

Isn't that just part of the normal train service operated by merseyrail ?

There's tunnels in Birmingham's train network too.

When the railway was built the Mersey was deemed too wide for bridges - hence the tunnels - the tunnels under the Mersey are really the reason for Merseyrail.

In the case of Glasgow the term limited is wholly appropriate. The Tyne and Wear Metro is great but the fact remains Manchester, Birmingham, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Leeds and Bristol should have proper underground systems on the basis that all their European equivalents do. We just don’t fund large scale projects outside the capital for some reason.
Edinburgh had one until the fifties, too.

The UK has always spent its money in London at the expense of the rest of us. Even when money comes to us, it's after London have spent their share.

We have an east-west metrolink line at the stadium, just add a north-south and that would bring it up to scratch.

Re Marvin mentioning that the rags want to increase their ground to 85,000. This was put on the back burner for a long time, mainly due to 2 reasons, 1 was the train line beside the stadium that has to be moved completely, and 2nd was the cost of purchasing the houses on the other side of the train line. The cost was about £1 billion in total. That was about 3yrs ago.

However I was digressing, what I want to know has the clubs any plans to increase the capacity of the ground in the North Stand as I sit just in the Colin Bell Stand any future development will effect me and all those who sit around me. If so when are they going to start to do this.

Re Marvin mentioning that the rags want to increase their ground to 85,000. This was put on the back burner for a long time, mainly due to 2 reasons, 1 was the train line beside the stadium that has to be moved completely, and 2nd was the cost of purchasing the houses on the other side of the train line. The cost was about £1 billion in total. That was about 3yrs ago.

However I was digressing, what I want to know has the clubs any plans to increase the capacity of the ground in the North Stand as I sit just in the Colin Bell Stand any future development will effect me and all those who sit around me. If so when are they going to start to do this.

The club have been saying within the next 18 months or so..

The guy from Laings who built the South Stand is not that far off retirement. Need to hurry up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.