Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

53,165 against United

Although it does say we got more than 53,400 against Bournemouth (53,453) and Forest (53,409). So I’m not sure where any extra seats are this season?
Could it not be under 4’s who are free (sit on the knee) but would possibly be counted for H&S ? I regularly take the grandson who’s 2, went to his first derby this season (SS1) and he even copied a few hand signals courtesy of those behind me the little **** can see less kids & more seg at those games

I am sure the clever people and Populous will be able to sort that out. I agree with you about the two-tier with a new elevated safe standing first tier. The new first-tier section could be done in the summer with a new expanded second tier done within the season just like Liverpool are doing

It's not about being clever. From the original planning application it is clear that the design ethos was to try and retain the cable net system as an architectural feature. That might not have been City's words, the Council may have seen it as a design that was worth retaining and part of what makes the stadium special. In doing so, it means they have to retain a system and the SS is the optimum expansion that can retain that cable net whilst also getting more seats in. They can't do anything further in terms of number of seats etc without impacting structural integrity or having areas with impaired views which they'll not accept in a modern stadium. We're not building from scratch here, there's a context which limits our ability to do certain things.

Personally, I think the cable net is a unique feature but could have been limited to the side stands only. It's likely the footprint of the NS will need to come out further than the SS if we're to include the club store and any hotel/additional facilities. I think you can do that without it being noticeable and harming the "bowl" design or aesthetic of the stadium. But they'll still need to have the V cable punching through.

Sorry.

Thanks.

Architects and construction companies can design and build anything. It really all boils down to City's ambitions for the NS, City Square, the souvenier shop, etc, and whether or not they are prepared to spend the money to make it happen.

Didn't mean to snap (read it back and sounds arsey!).

Quite right, their brief will be quite simple. Maximise capacity whilst ensuring quickest return on investment and minimising disruption. Ideally enabling works and prep prior to beginning works over one summer and finishing the next summer ready for the new season.

Timing-wise I can't see how it starts in summer 23 unless they're sticking to the current proposals. They'll need planning permission otherwise so I would imagine we would be looking at a start in 24 to use that summer initially and complete it in summer 25 for the 25/26 season. A long way off basically!

Thinking about the design, I wonder if the Council would accept the V supports being enclosed by an expanded stand but shown through the curtain glazing. Spurs have something similar. Obviously not sure how much of the desigb rationale was from the Council originally, but there's lots of talk about retaining its current architectural merit in the planning application. That's usually just nonsense design chat to justify something though.

Person who shared the Kickair story seemed sure of his facts… but I can’t believe City wouldn’t buy that land - right on the front edge of the stadium.
I shared the Kickair information. I did, however, also say don't shoot the messenger :-)

The info I received was from somebody I know very well who is involved in High Tech business in and around Manchester. As far as I'm aware he would have no reason to pull my plonker, so to speak. He seemed very sure of his facts so I thought I would share with the forum. I am due to meet with him on Friday so I will try and dig out a bit more information.

Possibly the club could buy the land and then lease it out? Maybe this is a start of the collar site development we have all been waiting for?

I suppose this is like a transfer saga...nobody really knows 100% apart from the people who sign their names on the contracts etc.

I shared the Kickair information. I did, however, also say don't shoot the messenger :-)

The info I received was from somebody I know very well who is involved in High Tech business in and around Manchester. As far as I'm aware he would have no reason to pull my plonker, so to speak. He seemed very sure of his facts so I thought I would share with the forum. I am due to meet with him on Friday so I will try and dig out a bit more information.

Possibly the club could buy the land and then lease it out? Maybe this is a start of the collar site development we have all been waiting for?

I suppose this is like a transfer saga...nobody really knows 100% apart from the people who sign their names on the contracts etc.

Sorry - I didn’t intend to make you feel under fire!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.