Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Safe standing in Germany works on a 1.8 ratio. If we were allowed to work the same way in the UK, I could see City implementing safe standing right across ESL1 and NSL1 too. There are over 10k seats there currently, so that would expand the capacity right up over 8k.

Redevelop the North Stand (adding a further 6k) and we would be sorted for the next decade at least.
The standing at Dortmund was anything but safe. Can't see the authorities here giving that sort of old school standing the go ahead. I think that handrails in front of the seats is as far as we'll go.

The standing at Dortmund was anything but safe. Can't see the authorities here giving that sort of old school standing the go ahead. I think that handrails in front of the seats is as far as we'll go.
The standing in the away end at dortmund is an old style terrace, safe standing is a completely different concept. 1.8 safe standing is the same as what we have but with an extra step so one person can stand behind you with a rail behind that person

The standing in the away end at dortmund was an old style terrace, safe standing is a completely different concept. 1.8 safe standing is the same as what we have but with an extra step so one person can stand behind you with a rail behind that person
Is that what the Yellow Wall was like? because that little end we were in was carnage

City don't own the stadium. City have a 250 year lease on the stadium. City prefer to lease it for £4mill a year.(think that's correct?) City can buy the stadium if they want to buy it. There won't be no new stadium or demolition of parts of the Etihad bar expanding the North Stand. The North Stand will be expanded taking the capacity to 60k+ and that will probably be it. City might do something with the exterior of the stadium, but I don't think that's a priority atm, if at all?
I'm fairly sure City enquired about buying it outright and either the Council themselves or Sport England turned them down?

This isn’t accurate. There are actually designs out there showing the sides expanded since they were part of the clubs original feasibility study.

Any work to expand the sides would be a huge job. The spirals would probably end up inside the expansion (like with the current work at Real Madrid) and potentially there would be new externals in front of and between the spiral.

They’d likely have to do both sides at the same time so that neither side was dependant on the original cable net meaning they could also construct above the spirals. There would then be a period where the stands would be without a roof unless they came up with some sort of temporary cover solution.

When the times comes (10+ years) then it’s going to be one hell of a major re-work. It might even be too messy to pull off.
Nobody else except for yourself has mentioned removing the spirals?

The 4th picture shows E & W stands extended back (by quite a lot) as well as extended into the corners. That is what will possibly give us a much larger footprint for the exterior. The terraces will over shadow them.

Maybe there’s some confusion here around footprint.

To me that’s the area on the ground ie where the spirals are.

Wasn’t talking about 3rd tier overhanging.

That said i’d be interested to see if there was enough concourse room in CL3 And ES3 for a few extra thousand people each

I'm fairly sure City enquired about buying it outright and either the Council themselves or Sport England turned them down?

No. I was at a Supporters' Club meeting in London in January 2003 when we were addressed by David Bernstein, about six weeks before he quit as chairman and six months before we took up occupation of the stadium. He confirmed that the lease contains an option for MCFC to acquire the freehold at an option price that reduces over time because the rent we've already paid can be offset against it.

He suggested that it wouldn't make financial sense for City to exercise the option for at least twenty years, maybe considerably more. In theory, the financial landscape changed completely with the 2008 takeover, and what the club could reasonably afford was transformed.

The reason they've elected not to buy the freehold so far is because the money would go straight back to Sport England to compensate the cost of building the stadium. Rent payments go to the Council and are ringfenced for other sports facilities in the area, so the big loser if we exercised the option would be MCC. That's why we still haven't done so yet.

Maybe there’s some confusion here around footprint.

To me that’s the area on the ground ie where the spirals are.

Wasn’t talking about 3rd tier overhanging.

That said i’d be interested to see if there was enough concourse room in CL3 And ES3 for a few extra thousand people each

No one else was either I don’t think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.