Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Could you imagine an entire lower tier of safe standing (apart from the CB stand)? £500 season tickets and £30 admission it would be immense! Those still wishing to sit can move to L3 of expanded NS or expanded ES or CB stands. Everybody is catered for and we get our Kippax back!

Could you imagine an entire lower tier of safe standing (apart from the CB stand)? £500 season tickets and £30 admission it would be immense! Those still wishing to sit can move to L3 of expanded NS or expanded ES or CB stands. Everybody is catered for and we get our Kippax back!
As long as you push me up the ramp and carry my oxygen cylinder, no problem.

What happens to those in Level 1 who don’t want to stand

26,000 people used to stand on the Kippax and it wasn’t a problem.(then) Near enough half of Maine Roads 54,000 capacity.
not sure what your point is as that was through choice there are loads of older fans in East Level 1 where do you suggest they go and why should they move

Only the centre of the CB stand.Anyway doubt there are any plans to make either side standing. At most it will be tier 1 of the North and South.
I'm sure there some in the east stand aswell on line with the halfway line at the back 6 rows maybe

Yes, it's all part of the relationship with MCC. If we'd insisted on taking ownership and let them lose their annual windfall in favour of a lump sum going to Sport England, that obviously would have had a far less positive effect on relations between the club and the Council, as you say.

It changed in connection with the proposed expansion and the Etihad naming rights deal. Before then, the rent was calculated as a percentage of the net gate receipts above 34,000, so we were in the very fortunate position of paying only with respect to extra spectators we couldn't have fitted in Maine Road. The MEN reported that in the first 8 seasons in the new ground, we paid GBP 14 million on that basis.

David Conn (whom I consider a twat, but think likely to be right on this) reported that it went up to an annual GBP 3 million of rent for the stadium itself, a flat fee (i.e. irrespective of gates and by how much we extended the capacity). Then he claimed there was an additional GBP 1 million to be entitled to sell the naming rights, which the lease in its original form didn't let us do. The new amount became payable from 2012, IIRC.
Yep any negligible difference in cost is more than worth it in terms of maintaining strategic relationships

26,000 people used to stand on the Kippax and it wasn’t a problem.(then) Near enough half of Maine Roads 54,000 capacity.

I'm sure there some in the east stand aswell on line with the halfway line at the back 6 rows maybe

Come on. It’s a completely different world. There’s zero chance of standing on the sides at the Etihad. It’ll be in the north and south stands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.